camo rain gear…

• Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Posted this over on the hunting side as well…thought I would run it here also…

Hi all. Looking to get some summer/fall rain gear that can be used for hunting and fishing. Primarily fishing gear but would like camo in case I head out in the woods with it. I can layer without any concern so just wondering what some of you like for your light weather rain gear. Thank you for your replies in advance.

Ted

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I posted this under your response over there.

For Hunting, I wear Gamehides Journey Pants and Jacket for rain gear. It is lightweight, breathable and extremely quiet for rain gear standards. I know quite a few of the fishing guys wear this also as double duty. Kooty, James Tuck, and BrainK have a version of this also, I believe. It is Gamehides # 1 seller. Any other questions feel free to ask here or PM me.

CLICK HERE for the Jacket

Quote:

Description

The perfect jacket for those wet or threatening days afield. The jacket packs into the side pocket and our HydroCore laminate will keep you dry and comfortable in the worst conditions. Yet, it’s quiet enough to wear as your everyday camo! The mesh lining is soft, comfortable and slides on easily. The two large zippered slash pockets will hold a ton of gear. Our AirFlow zippered back vent allows you to regulate your temperature with the pull of a zipper. This jacket comes with an attached hood that has a built in visor. Topping off this incredible garment is Gamehide’s Freedom Sleeve, a feature designed for enhanced movement and range of motion. The Journey Series is Gamehide’s #1 selling line of products!

CLICK HERE for the pants.

Quote:

Description

This feature-rich six pocket pant offers ample storage without the weight. The deep mesh-lined front pockets are ample in size and help the garment expel moisture. Two large side cargo pockets with dual snaps will hold extra gear. The internal mesh lining is comfortable and allows the pant to easily slide on and off. The pant legs feature waterproof knee high zippers and snap adjustments on the leg openings for a custom fit.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey Ted, how is the family doing?

I’ve got a set from Gamehide that I purchased for a moose hunt a few years back. Love the stuff. I actually wear it golfing on occasion. It gives me the full fledged redneck feel of course.

I’ll have to look tonight as I can’t remember the exact model I purchased.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Something a little eaiser on the wallet is frogg toggs,
    I have 2 sets (one camo) and I really like the stuff.

frogg toggs

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Thanks for all the replies!!

Quote:

It gives me the full fledged redneck feel of course.

I love doing that kind of stuff…

Family is doing a lot better!! Wife still is a little banged up. Daughter has some soreness at night when they get their bedtime backrub. All in all…great from what they were!! Thanks for asking…means a lot…

Ted

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.