not your typical Father and son story..

• oldrat
    Upper Midwest

so I was asked to go to the Packer game last weekend.. and being that we are all from the same church, we drove up and back on Saturday night.. now for the beginning of the story..

we stopped at McDonalds in Oshkosh on Hy 21.. ( I am not hiding the location for maximum effect).. and while waiting for our food this 18 year old kid is there with his father.. and the kid gets his order and asks for two water cups…

but it seems that this McDonalds was out of the “clear cups” that you get for water, so they gave the kid two medium sized cups.. and the kid goes and puts.. Yep, you guessed it,, Coke in the cups..

so the night manager comes out from behind the counter and she is cleaning up.. and sees that this kid stole the drinks.. so she said,, Hey YOU WILL PAY FOR THE SODA.. or Pop.. what ever.. and the kid says.. here.. and hands her back one of the cups..

so as she comes back around the counter.. the kid takes the other full cup and puts it out of sight by the coke machine..

and the manager says.. where is the other cup..

with the FATHER STANDING RIGHT THERE.. the kid says.. OH I dumped it..

IMMEDIATELY one of the guys that I am with.. a very important business man in my town.. Grabs that “hidden Cup” and says.. here it is .. you must have “lost it”.. and hands it to the manager..

and so the Father and the kid just walk out the door..

if that was me and my old man.. My dad.. not only would I have been paying for the coke .. I would have been picking up myself and my teeth from the floor.. and that’s TODAY.. with me being over 50.. He would have belted me right there and then.. TO THIS DAY.. and then he probably would have made me wash their dishes for a while.

and then for the next 4 hours and the next week he would have ranted and moaned at me constantly..

I just can’t believe the nerve of some people..

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

My guess is, the father would do the same thing. There’s a lot of really poor parents in the world. The kid probably learned it from his dad. My dad would have kicked my .

shadrap23
    Ramsey, MN

My wife did the same thing to two teenagers about three years ago… You should have seen their faces when she confronted them for stealing…priceless.

Likewise with the dad piece…I didn’t dare try this as a number 11 boot would hit me in the

Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Same here. It’s too bad you can’t trust people anymore. Just pay the $1.49 and buy a pop if you really want one!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Lots of folks in this world that will do anything to get over. I bet the dad trained the kid to do that because the kid would be unlikely to be arrested for a minor thing like that and could argue he didn’t know any better. He’ll be boosting tires next.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just don’t make them like they use to….fathers I mean.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

My guess is, the father would do the same thing. There’s a lot of really poor parents in the world. The kid probably learned it from his dad.

Exactly, the seed don’t fall far from the tree. Who do you suppose the second cup was for? Maybe dear old dad.

big-bird
    Prescott, WI

Is this the “Time Out Generation” ?

re-tired
    wi

I knew of a dad who took his son on burglaries when the kid was 7. Old man was knifed in prison and I believe the son died young too. Kid had a long history of theft and burg. too.

cspierings
    Oregon, WI

SHADRAP23

Same thing would have happened to me. Boot up the …. problem is my Dad wears a 16.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

No chit to all of this. That’s why mature adults have always been so critical of the younger generations behavior. They KNOW, their behavior translates to their offsprings behavior. You can see this stuff coming from a mile (years) away. Makes me cringe in my current hood where 90% of the adults are anti-social. So are their kids now and forever. On and on it goes…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.