You guys in Iowa…..

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

better start building an Ark! Everytime I check the radar for the last week or so, you guys are getting pounded.

-J.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Plus we had alot of rain last night south of LaCrosse so you also have a bunch coming down the river also.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Yup and then they get pounded on the football field too Sorry Hawkeye, I couldn’t resist.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

Edited

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I just checked the radar just befor I cam on the site and theres a big system just west of town here, its about an hour away and building fast. My gardens growing like crazy but I need a boat to weed it. The rivers are about 2′ above normal this morning, they can hold another 4 without flooding to bad, just low lying areas.

uhlee1
    Dav. IA

Edited

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

Its raining good here in central iowa now I can tell you. The radar looks like a bunch more is headed our way coming from the west. This has been a very odd June. Temps way below average and then the weather changes and we’re smothering in heat. I have to work out at the Iowa Speedway tomorrow and Sunday…hope the rain holds out over the weekend.. We have the indy cars here this week…

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I swear to God almighty that my diesel work truck lifted off the ground a couple times today on my way home from work. Strongest thunderstorm I have ever witnessed. Flash flooding was crazy…

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Here are a few photos I snapped on my blackberry, sure wish I had my good camera, they would have been killer photos.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I was on the radar Luke just as the storm was about to hit both Iowa City and Cedar Rapids and you guys got the center of the storm and we got the northern edge. It rained cats and dogs up this way and your photos looked like it did there too. It rained heavy duty for around a half an hour and the rest of the time just a good rain. We didn’t get the wind they did north of here, some places it hit around 80 mph but we did get winds around 50 or so. The rivers are coming up with the local rain but if we would have had it a ll up river the rivers would be coming way up. With this recent rain and the last couple the rivers are probably up 3′ in the last week. Were going dittypoleing catfish tonight for the freezer and to see if the females have spawned because the waters back up and the timbers are flooded again. We got enough soaking rains for three weeks of heat.

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

I went fishing early this morning and brush piles that were visible yesterday were under water today. Poor fish could drown at this rate.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.