Starting batteries

• score92
    WBL, MN

What are some good starting batteries that won’t break the bank. I’m starting a 70HP yamaha with electronics and radio hooked up to it.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

60hp yammi, lawrance, and radio. runs all day just fine on Cabelas size 27 deep cycle $100
    You should not need to worry much about cranking amps with the small motor so deep cycle is fine, espicially when running electronics and radio.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Quote:

What are some good starting batteries that won’t break the bank. I’m starting a 70HP yamaha with electronics and radio hooked up to it.

If money is the issue, go to Wally Land. I personally prefer a maintenance free battery (gel or AGM). I run a optima for my cranking and electronics battery. You can get some good AGM batteries at your local auto parts store also

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

go with 27 deep cycle battery I have 1 from wallyworld and it starts my 150XR6 allday w 2depth finders and livewell pumps no problem!

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

I have always used Interstate with no problems.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I always buy the biggest available, size 29 deep cycle Everstart batt from walmart, been good batteries for me thus far. (1 year)

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

I have always used Interstate with no problems.

Me 2. I get em right off the truck at the dealership where I work. Fresh and always ready…. plus if I ever have an issue, he is there every 2 weeks

big G

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

I always buy the biggest available, size 29 deep cycle Everstart batt from walmart, been good batteries for me thus far. (1 year)

Bingo, I never have a warranty issue with Wal-Mart batteries. I understand that they don’t put a copy of the receipt on the battery any more cuz when they get hot the receipt turns black.

21 months ago I bought two trolling motor 205 amp hour deep cycle Excide batteries from Napa. One of the batteries has a dead cell, and with a 36 month warranty I didn’t think I would have a problem. Wrong I talked to the store where I bought them last week or the week before. The guy I talked to said that I would not have a problem returning the bad battery without the receipt. I asked him how much it was going to cost to replace the battery and that is when he told me that after prorating the battery that it was worth 27 cents. What 27 cents? They sold me the battery for $105 and the suggested retail price is $169. So if a shop sells the battery for $169 and it goes bad the shop will sell their customer a replacement battery for $105 and they still have the original $64 profit. Sux for me but the blind customer is just as blind as I was. I thought I was getting an excellent battery, a lot of electric warehouse machinery has Excide batteries. Never again will I buy a battery from Napa.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.