fireline braid

• floridagatorblue
    Bettendorf, IA

that new fireline braid is Sexy. stronger than the old stuff but limber as can be.. pretty exciting too when you have to break it off.. cool sound and look out!!

tweedlap11

Wow ! Sexy? Is it called something other than ” the new Firline braid”?

tweed

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

nope, i thought that was dumb too… after all, isnt all fireline braided?

this new stuff is called ‘fireline braid’… its supposed to have a more round shape that helps with casting and resists digging in on your spool… sounds like a gimmick to me only because i didnt see a problem with the old fireline or PP.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

after all, isnt all fireline braided?

Regular Fireline is fused, not braided.

-J.

bigroy
    Winona, MN

FIRELINE TRACER BRAID

Introducing NEW Fireline® TRACER BRAID, the ULTIMATE braided fishing line. Loaded with the latest in cutting edge technology advancements, Tracer Braid features a breakthrough in braided line design called Radial Construction, which makes it the roundest, smoothest braided line built today. A round braid stacks better on the spool to resist “dig-in”, and aids in resisting wind knots. Its smoothness allows for longer, smoother casts, and handles better than ordinary braids. Another technological breakthrough featured in Tracer Braid is in its coloration, featuring a measured, alternating Hi-vis/Low-vis color. Tracer Braid is the most advanced braided line on the market, and was awarded the “Best New Fishing Line” title at the 2008 I-Cast Fishing Tackle Industry Trade Show.

floridagatorblue
    Bettendorf, IA

regular fireline is twisted and fused out of a flat ribbon. hence you can see it going back to the “flat” ribon that it is made from after some time.. Thye NEW stuff is independedent strands diamond braided together. if you liked the old fireline you will not belive this stuff. no more noise going through the guides, casts a mile and is more limber than even light Mono. Try it you will love it.. I was avid original user and this stuff has solved all of my beefs with the old stuff. best line ive ever used.. and that noise it makes when you have to break one off is second to none, and almost worht the price of admission. there is also a rebate avlailible till september on it.. may have to go to berkleys web page to get the form though..

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

learned something new yet again!

does this new method have the same no stretch properties as the classic fireline?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If they’ve found a way to keep it from getting frayed and fuzzy I’ll call it improved no matter what the new name is.

floridagatorblue
    Bettendorf, IA

No stretch. perhaps even less then the old one.
    wait till you go and try and break it it is rediculous!!
    sounds like a guitar string letting go!

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

it says on the coupon, mimimum of $10.00 each. What is the normal retail price?

floridagatorblue
    Bettendorf, IA

i think the ones I got were 12.99 at gander and [censored]..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.