Faribault Area Lakes

• baldwin4
    NE IA

We are looking for a lake in sothern MN for vacation in June. Any info on lakes and place to rent would be helpful right now Trying to get the ball rolling. We decided not to drive to northern MN from IA

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Lake Pepin would be my first choice if walleyes are an important target for you and your group. The 3 way and bait, jig dragging and trolling bites will all be going strong at that time of the year out on the lake. Smallies will be on the chew and there’s always crappies to chase as well.

da_chise31

Roberds Lake Resort.

Talk about the last of a dying breed: a family owned place that won’t cost you an arm and a leg and in southern Minnesota. Good pike and panfish numbers on the lake, fantastic numbers of catfish, and some slob walleyes.

Great family place. If that’s who is joining you, that is who I would call. If the point of the trip is to fish all day from sun up to sun down, Pepin would be a better choice.

Good luck.

baldwin4
    NE IA

It would be wife, me, son (19), daughter (17). We love walleye fishing, panfishing and anything else that wants to bite. We are mobile with our own boat. So if the lake we are staying on is slow, we can jump to another lake. Looking for a nice place to put our heads down

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Well that Faribault area does have a lot of small lakes to choose from but they can be tough if the bite is off. I’ve spent a lot of time on those small lakes from when I was living in Austin and they can be a lot of fun. And like you said… boats come with trailers. If they’re not biting on one lake… off you go!

brandydog
    des moines

being from Iowa, I would suggest the mississippi, the farbult erea is nice but not rugged enough. lots of little fish, but as always you have that chance for that nasty old miss. fish and alot of really nice sights.and growing up around cedar falls area, your not that far almost strait north to redwing or pepin(lots of nice boating area. It’s kinda like okaboji in july!!!!!have fun
    Hockey

baldwin4
    NE IA

Redwing is a short distance, but we always fish the Miss around Lansing and PDC. Wife kinda wants something different from the river fishing

fishim
    Minnesota

There are several lakes within easy driving distance if you choose to stay in the Faribult area, I know there is also a resort on Cedar Lake. Not sure of the name but Cedar is one of my favorite lakes to play around on, great bass fishing and there are plenty of walleye, pike, and panfish. The walleye fishing on all of these lakes can get tough in the summer but if you put your time in you will find some. Other lakes in the area I would recommend are French, Sheilds, Mazaska, Cannon, and Roberts. Another good area would be the Waterville/Mankato area. There are some great lakes in that area also. Washington, Madison, Tetonka, Elysian, and Francis would be the ones I would research I know some of those have resorts but I don’t have names or numbers. Fell free to look me up if you decide to travel to this area and I will let you know if have have heard of any good bites going on. Good Luck
    Bill Shimota

baldwin4
    NE IA

Thanx for the info fishim Will be doing some researching

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.