Checking in from Dallas!

• jldii

Greetings from Dallas everyone!!

Sitting in Dallas at a “Flying J” truck stop. I’ve got the A/C on since its about 83*F outside and kinda sticky from the rain this AM.

I’m enjoying this trucking job, so far anyway. Left Blaine, Mn. Tue. about 3PM and deadheaded down to Gaylord Mn. to drop and hook a load headed for Shepherdsville Ky.(about 20 miles S. of Louisville) for delivery 6AM Thursday. Driving a 2007 Peterbilt 387 with a Catapiller C13 engine which is kicking out 475HP and has a 10 speed tranny. Pulling a refridgerated 53″ trailer full of eggs and potatos. Drove thru Chicago Wed. AM and then on thru Indianapolis, and Louisville. Next day after making my first drop, I drove the “Ky Bourbon Trail” from Louisville to Lexington and then south to Somerset Ky. to make my second drop that day. From there I drove to a place north of Bowling Green called Horse Cave, Ky to spend the night and pick up a load the next day to haul to Dallas. Drove thru Nashville, and Memphis, Little Rock, and Texarkana along the way. Seeing a lot of pretty country.

A few things I’ve learned. Yes, there are such things as “lot lizards”. They seem to come out after dark and come in many different colors, shapes, sizes, and ethnicities. In Ky., some even are missing front teeth. Big fat teesed up hair do’s are still in fashion down here too. Seeing a lot of women wearing them. Everything in restaurants comes served with “greens” or another vegitable, as well as potatos or rice, and always with corn bread. So much for dieting. The food is good and I like good food. Matter of fact, I had BBQ ribs in Memphis, and going to a BBQ shack here in Dallas to try Texas style BBQ brisket tonite.

I’m hitting the road again early Mon. Have to deliver at 7AM. between Dallas and Fort Worth, then double back to Sulphur Springs to drop and hook and get headed to Mount Crawford Va. for a 7AM delivery Wed. Looks like I’ll be popping my cherry driving mountains in ther dark Tues.PM. Could be interesting.

Anyway, everyone take care, be safe, and keep it in your britches and inbetween the ditches. Catch ya on the flip side.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Did you pick up a load of Coors in Texarkana?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Jack ,thanks for giving us a shout while your on the road ,be safe and DONT get bit one of those “Lot Lizards”

NickJohnson

Quote:

thats what i was thinkin look out for buford t justice

drive safe

jldii

Quote:

No. Most of the freight I’ll be hauling is refridgerated food products. For instance, my trip down I was hauling pre-scrambled eggs and sliced potatos from Micheals Foods in Gaylord. Right now I’ve got 28,000lbs of Marzetti’s salad dressings in the trailer. Monday I’ll be picking up something like 38,000lbs. of dairy products from Morning Star foods to haul to Va.. I think thats mostly cream and half and half. Usually the return route freight is dry goods. A lot of parts and engines for Case tractors and other stuff. Some of the freight is hazmat materials, but my certification back ground check isn’t completed yet so my certifaction isn’t valid till its done.

jldii

Quote:

Quote:

drive safe

There were a lot of Kojacks with kodaks taking pictures from in front and behind me going through Memphis that night. Bubble gum machine lights flashing all over the place. Local yocals, county mounties, and super troopers all over the place. Add on top of that there was all kinds of construction going on so there were Schnider babies strung out all along the west bound zipper as well as all the other crazy 4 wheelers that weren’t being chased trying to hide inside, behind, and around my rig as I rolled along.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Take your time coming home. There is a blizzard on it’s way for Tuesday according to the weathers goof’s.

All is well with the Vikings. T.O. and Chilly both remember their divorce from Philly so no chance he even considered Minnesota which is good. As you know the “bidding” ended with him in Buffalo.

Wilf and the boys are busy trying to get about a billion dollars of the stimulus money so we can be privileged enough for them to stay here. State economy will do a complete collapse without all those jobs coming from the new stadium.

Burr is down in St. Paul begging for 2 lines now since you are gone. Don’t think it will pass anyway.

BTW, if that truck doesn’t have satellite radio you need it.

Gotta go, going to head down to Winter Park and try to snag a public relations job with the Vikings.

Stay safe.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Nicest Thing about your job is the view out the window of your office is always changing!! I envy that!

btomlin
    Albia, IA

Quote:

Quote:

drive safe

Keep your pedal down, Snowman!!!! what a great movie when you are a kid…@ 33 yrs of age!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Geez Jack, sounds like your having more fun than me…. all I did was get Drunk with Wally at the Whitecap saturday Keep the updates coming

big G

jldii

Quote:

Geez Jack, sounds like your having more fun than me…. all I did was get Drunk with Wally at the Whitecap saturday Keep the updates coming

big G

Wally, drunk, at the White Cap? No way!

So Jackie wasn’t up huh?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.