Did he get the shaft

• cnv25
    LaCrosse, WI

Has anyone heard of needing a heavy duty flasher after getting your vehicle wired up for a trailer harness? Last fall my buddy took his 2000 Chevy s10 to uhaul to get a reciever hitch and wiring harness installed. Well a few weeks later I was following him and noticed he was signaling the wrong way and when he hit the breaks his reverse lights would come on. He just finally took it back to uhaul about two weeks ago and the told him there was nothing they would do since it was past 90 days and the problem was that he needed a heavy duty flasher.

I personally have never heard of someone needing this for a trailer harness and would have thought they would have tested it and told him at the time he got it installed. I’ve wired up a few of my trucks before and never had an issue. What do you guys think?

reddog

Was he pulling a trailer when you were following him? Its possible that he would need a HDF, with a trailer and that is not a big deal to change yourself. If he was pulling a trailer, and the lights didnt work right, then its either the vehicle or the trailer, If he was not pulling a trailer, and the truck lights were acting up, then they definitley screwed that up.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I would go see the manager and [censored] like hell. VERY poor customer service there ….

Now about the flasher , sometimes when you add a towing harness it is a good idea to have a heavy duty flasher in the older trucks,it helps keep the propper current to the lights and blink at the right speed, but that WAS NOT his problem.. POOR worekmanship is his problem.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Well a few weeks later I was following him and noticed he was signaling the wrong way and when he hit the breaks his reverse lights would come on.

Sounds like he got taken, those symptoms sound like bad wiring not the flasher.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

my vote goes to the shaft

big_g
    Isle, MN

I think he got the whole rear end….. Talk to a manager or store owner. Tell them either they can make it right, or you’ll take it somewhere where they know what they are doing and that your lawyer will be sending them the bill to pay. They should trip over themselves to fix it.

big G

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Your location isn’t listed, so this is if you are in WI. Mechanics and Contractors have a “Right to Cure Act” Which means they have the right to fix the problem, before you can take it to anyone else at their exspense. The first thing to do, is get them to sign off the right and allow you to go somewhere else. That does two things, first, they acknowledge there is a problem, and release you to get it fixed. After that, you can take legal action in small claims court

Prestige
    Elgin, MN

Bend Over

adam dungan
    Two Harbors

I had a Nissan Frontier pickup and had this happen. The problem was the box that the truck plugged into and then the trailer pigtail came from that. The boxes seal somehow failed and water or whatever got in there and crossed everything up. I later found out that I was sold a quick connect and not something that was designed for the truck. Lesson learned you get what you pay for.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

No offence to anyone who is working @ U-Haul or has friends, family ect working there but I had a “friend” who worked at the one in Burnsville and I have to say that place was run by a bunch of hacks. I wouldnt trust them with my bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.