Warren Parson map

• doc samson
    MN

Warren is wintering in Texas and playing around with maps. He doesn’t have good access to internet so asked me to post his latest creation of a Devil’s Lake road from the N end of Refuge Island for fun. He used DrDepth to create the map.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

That is pretty cool. I have had really good luck fishing those roadbeds out there. I would really like to see a picture of the Golden Highway out of Minnewaukan if he ever has time to post it. Thanks for the pic’s.

reddog

Glad to hear hes still alive! We miss him in the chat room.

Stupid question maybe, would it just be contour lines in a 520, or is there 3D capabilities with the 520? Which units utilize the 3D maps?

doc samson
    MN

This map will not display in the HDS just the 2D lines.

WarrenMN2

Bruce, Thanks for posting that for me. Right this second I’m sitting in the cab of the truck and wondering who’s wifi I’m in.

Looking at the map, I think that dark blue hump half way up the road is the bridge I posted the side scan of last fall. I lifted it from that previous post,hope I don’t tie up some ones signal.

I did the east half of the golden hiway, but that’s privileged stock, sorry. What got this started was I was showing Bruce how it showed the ditches and field entrances. I’m just waiting till it thaws up there so I can come home.

Things are definitely done different in Texas.

WarrenMN2

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Quote:

I did the east half of the golden hiway, but that’s privileged stock, sorry.

A guy can try, can’t he?

It is very cool seeing these images, I can not believe that lake has swallowed whole towns. Keep up the good work.

doc samson
    MN

Warren’s Golden HWY using DrDepth. This part of the road as it would not look good zoomed out. Someday I will get a picture of Warren, the dog, the equipment and boat at work.

WarrenMN2

Bruce must like you guys an lot to share the Golden Hiway image.

WarrenMN2

johnnie candle
    Devils Lake, ND

I can see a ton of my crankbaits hanging on the guard rails of that bridge. Gotta love side imaging. LOL!!!

I love that road!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.