Deptartment of Energy

• StaleMackrel

Does anybody out there have any memory of the reason given for the establishmenht of the DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY during the Carter Administration? Anybody? Anything? No? Didn’t thinks so. Bottom line..we’ve spent several hundred billion dollars in support of an agency the reason for which not one person who reads this can remember. Well maybe a few can remember. Ready? It was very simple, and at the time everbody thought it very appropriate. The Department of Energy was instituted 8-04-1977 to lessen our dependence on FOREIGN OIL. HEY, PRETTY EFFICIENT…HUH? AND NOW IT’S 31 YEARS LATER, AND THE BUDGET FOR THIS NECESSARY DEPARTMENT IS AT $24.2 BILLION A YEAR,THEY HAVE 16,000 EMPLOYEES AND LOOK AT THE JOB THEY HAVE DONE! THIS IS WHERE YOU SLAP YOUR FOREHEAD AND SAY: “WHAT WAS I THINKING”?

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

just wait until they come out with cap and trade for emissions and also crank up the prices on gas to match Europe to force people’s habits to change…..you know, change you can believe in right to your wallet…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

but wait… just how bad would it be WITHOUT them? plus they probably billed them for the Iraq invasion..

big_g
    Isle, MN

I can think of MANY dept’s we could probably do without…..

big G

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

hmm a bit of research finds it was established by the Carter Administration… but your thoughts on its prime objectives seem to be a bit off…. in fact I dont really SEE that as one of its objectives.. it seems control of our nuclear facilities including nuclear weapons is its prime responsibility…. though I do see energy conservation as a goal.. I see nothing much about removing foreign energy dependance…..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Energy
    though there is an energy independance link available from the DOE link…. it doesnt really stress that the DOE is a major factor here….
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._energy_independence

not that I totally support govt agencies… but in truth I know very little about ANY of them… they are all bigger than they first appear… they are all like iceburgs… you see just a small part of what the do…

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

check out who is going to head the energy department for the “change team” i.e. steven chu, and see what his thoughts are on energy and you will see my concerns……yes, no shock the carter admin created the energy department, we are just entering the carter admin take 2….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.