Bass Pro @ Mall of Am?

• Surf-N-Turf
    Stevens Point, WI

Did Bass Pro ever locate in the MOA? Thanks, Gregory

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Nope the idea may be totally dead, pretty quiet on the rumors.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Nope the idea may be totally dead, pretty quiet on the rumors.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

I think I read that the MOA Phase 2 expansion was put on hold. Pretty hard to get funding when the state is already in the hole.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

the expansion on phase 2 of the MOA is still active and Bass Pro Shops will be located there. I will try to get an est date for you

prieser
    Byron, MN

I met one of Bass Pro Shop’s construction super’s out in MT this year. There are about 5-6 new Bass Pro Shops that got put on hold this last year. According to him though, it is still in the works. Man those Bass Pro’s are awesome.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

The last I heard was that it was not going to happen but maybe things have changed since I heard that this last summer. I really think Minnesota needs one. They are great stores and they have a lot of great wallye gear too.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

The last I heard was that it was not going to happen but maybe things have changed since I heard that this last summer.

I heard that the state, Bloomington and Bass Pro could not agree on a tax free prososal, so Bass Pro pulled the plug.

jamesiner
    elk river, mn

that is the same i am hearing —the deal is dead–bass pro was looking for some deal/tax break

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

I called down to BPS in Springfield MO last spring and talked to a person at corporate and they said at the time they were on hold due to the tax talks, too so I’m sure it got tabled. I’m not sure they would want to have it anywhere else in the cities than at the MOA. I was really looking forward to having them there, too.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have been to that store in Springfield many times…I REALLY liked that store! I used to travel there for work, and I would go down there with the clothes on my back, and buy the waterproof bags for $10, and fill them with clothes that were on clearance. Shoes and boots to. I used to buy all my catfishing gear there as well. I hope it works out in the future.

Oh, and the Springfield store houses the Whitetail Hall of Fame. ABSOLUTELY worth the trip through their museum if you ever get the chance!

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Me too!! I’ve been there about 6 times and have to say it’s the best fishing and hunting store there is. It’s like Disney World for sportsmen. Cabela’s has nothing on them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.