Albert Lea bound!

• packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Well my wife has us moving to Albert Lea for her new job. My question is how’s the walleye fishing and deer hunting around the area? We’re looking at closeing on a house south of town. If anyone knows of any jobs in the area let me know please.
    Thank You;Doug.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I lived in Albert Lea just long enough to get married.

The pheasant hunting was very good and I’m betting better now than it was in the 80’s….1980’s not 1880’s.

Duck hunting was fair, mostly road hunting. Fishing was lousy when I was there, but I’ve seen some very good reports coming out of Albert Lea Lake over the last few years. Crappies and eyes.

It’s a big town with a small town atmosphere. I think you’ll like it!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I graduated high school there and the folks still live there. Hunting can be good if you get on the right spots. Fishing is really up and down, but at least has options. It does take some getting used to as the lakes have little to no structure.

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

I currently live in Albert Lea and I have also lived near Red Wing but worked in Lake City.

There is still time to talk your wife out of the move!

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Thank You for all your input all. I’m very uneasy, lived in Lake City & Red Wing my whole life. Now the Wife is taking charge and I’m the in the back seat so to speak. (nothing wrong with it.)
    BK, I’ve heard there is a gun shop down in the area , maybe called “Hart Bros.”? any input would be great!

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

jerad, you’re not making me feel any better about this.

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Thanks Mike, sounds like the lead core is not a option, oh well I keep it for the trips back to the SIPPI.

jerad

its not so bad here, heck I even like it better than Central Iowa where I was living before this year. One of the reasons I like living here the most is that I am now half as far to the big river as I was before.

I did whack the walleyes pretty good this spring though around here. There was one day before work where I got a dozen walleyes over 18 inches. I had 6 crawlers in my bucket and caught a nice eye on each half. The guys fishing across from me about went nuts when I turned everyone loose.

Pm me if you need anything. I was in the same situation as you this May.

jigs

Like Mike I have lived around here my whole life. PM me with any questions and I will help you out.
    Brandon

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

BK, I’ve heard there is a gun shop down in the area , maybe called “Hart Bros.”? any input would be great!

Remember, I was the guy down there long enough to get married?

It would be my father in law that would know about the shotgun shops.

mskyfshntchr
    Dodge Center, MN

Quote:

a gun shop down in the area , maybe called “Hart Bros.”? any input would be great!

Bought more then one gun from them; my next buy will be from them. Good people and good prices in my experiences.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Doesn’t Albert Lea lake have like 60 eyes/net for one of or not the highest count in the state?

Have fun!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

ya there are a few eyes down there but nothing to travel for!

All my guns and all my guns will be bought from hart Brothers awsome place!

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Thank You for all your input. Talked to the realator today and sounds like we’ll be closing on our house on 12/18 . 10 acres with 6 of it being in CRP and a small wood lot on it. Bring on the pheasants and deer.( I hope)
    I’ll be stoping by the gun shop to see if I need anything also.

jerad

how close are ya to the lakes?

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

About 3-4 mile south off hwy. 69.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.