I , too, am requesting prayer..

• oldrat
    Upper Midwest

I have had you guys praying for my best friend and life long fishing partner,Bill, who had the heart attack a week before I was to visit him. On Tuesday, 3 months to the day of the heart attack, another Christian friend and I are driving to Alabama to see Bill. He has made remarkable recovery. At first he could not speak or roll over or anything. because he had no blood flow, he has dead spots all over his brain. The good part, is that its all over the brain and not in one area. and that the brain is rewiring itsself.

I spoke to him again on the phone last week. and while “he knew me”.. he didn’t know me.

So the prayer is that God provides enough fundage for the trip and that we find a safe but cheap place to stay in Birmingham. we came up with one place but discovered that there are people of ill repute doing business out of the place.

and I ask that Bill come back. the other day, he swore to his wife that he was in the military. thats great but Bill teaches AP physics. and has for years. They were scheduled to go to a party, for his school kids. and his wife was terrified to take him. But as soon as he got out of the car he was Mr. H… and that he knew all the kids and even solved a physics problem for one of the kids.

His wife needs us to stay with Bill Thursday through Monday as she finishes her semester as well.

so kids, I need your prayers.

We leave from Milwaukee on Wednesday early and come back on Tuesday.

and I also ask prayer for an unspoken personal request.

thanks for being there.

the ol’ rat.

by the way, what’s the atomic weight of a grit? (Physics question) and actually what is a grit? ( My Cousin Vinnie, 1992, 120 min)

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Prayers for Bill and his friends trying to lend him support and comfort.

CR

hof
    Rochester, MN

I’ll keep you in my prayers.

elheldt
    N E Iowa

Prayers sent.

hgsivu
    Mesa AZ

Prayers sent.

basser
    White Bear Lake,mn.

I also sent a prayer .

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Your friend Bill and also the person for the unspoken prayer request are all in my prayers. It sounds like your friend being taken to a familar place [school] helped his memory. Maybe having him go to alot of other old places that were once familar will trigger things in his brain to kick in so to speak to help him remember [rewire] too.
    Thanks, Bill

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Hope all goes well. My aunt had a bag horse accident when I was younger and had a baf brain injury and got the helcopter ride. had to learn to do everything over and ais a very different person now but doing well. Hope that it give you a little hope all will be well. Prayers inbound.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Prayers sent old rat.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Have a safe trip!
    FDR

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Prayers for you for a safe and fruitful trip and for your friends continued recovery.

bearhunter01
    Rosemount/Isle, MN

Prayers are sent for your friend and for y’all to have a safe trip there and a safe trip home.

Marie,Jeff,Jacob,Jared,and Hunter

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

okay guys We are in Alabama. we left Milwaukee at 4 am and we were unloaded at the hotel and at Bill’s house by 5:30. it was a great drive. so this morning we needed to do some therapy. so we went out to the boat and I dug out a bait cast rod. and I tightened the drop, and made a couple of casts. and I asked him, hey can you do this? No.. well meybe,, well. Yeah but not like that..so I said SHOW ME.. and he takes the rod and starts pitching left handed right off the bat. and THEN he casts left handed and then right handed and then LOOSENS THE SPOOL.. and starts casting across the whole yard. I of course am just about starting to crawl on my belly with joy, and crying and generally going nuts. and the he had this recycling bucket in the yard, and I says, hey hit that bucket.. POW.. gees he has the brain problem and he is kicking my butt casting.. 15 minutes, but then he was done. but so what. its in there..

thanks you guys for praying and keep praying. we are staying until either Sunday or Tuesday but we don’t want to drive on Monday..

IN HIS NAME..

the ol’ rat.

timmy

Prayers sent from our family – it works!

Tim

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

got back last night at about 8 pm. I really want to thank you guys for your prayers. Bill is making remarkable progress. On Sunday he played guitar at church and sang as he played. This is from a man that couldn’t turn himself over four weeks ago.

He still gets confused as he tires but his stamina is rising each day.. We got him out and about, took him to the biggest Sam’s club I had ever seen, and a couple of movies. and there was No TV all week. it all was discussion about anything in life. We talked until 9PM each night.

again thanks for your support. and if anyone is going to Alabama, I can tell you that without a doubt, taking hy 65 from Chicago, is over an hour and a half faster, then taking 57 through Illinois.

In His Name.

the Ol’ rat.

bearhunter01
    Rosemount/Isle, MN

Glad to hear that he is doing better. We’ll still keep him in our prayers. Glad to hear also that you made it there and home safely.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.