Lund catch of the year???

• pittmd

This summer I bought a new lund boat. It’s nothing fancy but gets me out on the water and where I want to go. Last night when I got home there was a box waiting for me. This is a big box about the size of a cooler. I open it up and there is a huge tackle box inside. I take it out and it’s very heavy. It is packed with rapala lures/gadgits/tools!
    I got to reading the paper work that came with it and it’s some special promotion called catch of the year. There must be around $750.00 worth of stuff in this box. I had no idea. 46 rapala lures plus all kinds of quaility fishing tools made out of stainless steel.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sounds like a great catch.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

MDP, Seriously, you’re breakin’ my heart here. I just missed that promotion by one week!

All I got in the mail was two Lund hats. Don’t get me wrong, they’re nice hats but man, all those Rapala lures! Very nice for you!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

SAWWW—-WEEEEEETTTT!!!!! Tackle and gear junkie that I am, I’m wondering where I missed this info? Oh well…………….great score MDP!!!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Kid, Lund had this promo going on much earlier this year. I bought the Lund Explorer 1675 one week after the promo ended. I can’t recall the date now but was either March or April. Anyway, I would suggest to anyone looking into new boat purchases this year, keep in contact with a dealer and have them contact you with any promotions as they come up. Generally, I think they push the promos during winter months. They’re already busy enough during the spring and summer.

By the way, I am personally very pleased with the purchase, but I would be much happier if I was sorting through a new tackle box with a ton of Raps in it today! Oh, the pain.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Wade, I bought the same boatinMay and missed the promo as well. Got my hats last week.But the boat has been great!

stuart
    Mn.

MDP…I got my box this spring…its great they put a value of $500 hundred on it and thats about right…my electric hook sharpner dosnt work but really i have nothing to complain about…rapalas have always been good fish magnets for me…now get out and get some use out of them..

pittmd

electric hook sharpener??? Must have missed that one…

I bought my boat in July of this year. Maybe the dealer post dated something in order for me to get the gear? Like I said I had no idea that it was coming and felt like xmas came early when it did. My wife is pleased that she can pick out the $50 worth of clothing and gets the hat.

My only problem now is trying to decide what lures will work best on the full moon bite up on Millelacs?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Don’t tell me that!

I suppose that Lund renewed the promo later in the year, or maybe it vaired from dealer to dealer.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I hand over my check for my new Lund next Thurs the 9th and my invoice says I get the catch of the year promo. Did any of you guys also get a certificate for Lund Wear or did you get just the hats? Or may be you got both?

theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

Lund had this promotion last winter. I bought an Alaskan which didn’t qualify for the promotion. My buddy bought a Pike at the same time and he was sent what was mentioned above, plus a nice jacket. The jacket is of the style of the sports letter jacket you got in high school. No hats came with the promo at that time. My dealer threw in a couple of hats which was nice. Love the boat!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

WOW great thanks for posting this…. I was really happy with recieving 2 hats I never expected…

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I feel robbed, no tackle and no jacket. For 15 grand you would think they could have sprung for more than a hat.

pittmd

I got both the certificate ($50) and the tackle package.
    The hat comes with the tackle.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Just got my tackle today and its very impressive. I always wanted one of those Lock-n-weigh devices. There was definitely $500 worth of stuff in this tackle box. Hats off to Lund and Rapala.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.