Fine Alaskan Dining

• troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

Hey Guys- I got this email from a good friend of mine who just sold everything and moved his family to Alaska to be a missionary pilot. He flies eskimos and workers in a bush plane from their villages into their camp and minister to them and try to help with the alcoholism. Here is the email and the pictures. On a side note, we will be taking a team of guys up there late summer to help finish an airplane hanger, do some fishing, and fly over big mountains in a tiny plane.(if your interested)

Hello, I just thought you guys might find this humorous as I did. There is a joke out there that goes a something like this. One day a guy was out waterfowl hunting and the MN Dnr comes up and asks him to see his license and check his possession limits, well come to find out the guy has a bunch of loons in his boat, the game warden isn’t very happy about it, but it was a Friday and instead of giving him a big fine, he gives the guy a stern warning makes him promise to never do it again. As the MN game warden is pushing off from his guy’s boat he says, ‘by the way, what does loon taste like anyway?’ The hunter answers him….’ Well I’d say it tastes a lot like Bald Eagle!’ Well here at kako I don’t think we have every eaten eagle, but the rest of the joke isn’t really that far from the truth! Now Eskimos have different hunting privileges than we do, but the pictures should be self explanatory! If you come up and visit, maybe you can find out what it tastes like! (Remember it’s a way of life up here, even if it is your favorite bird!) There is also a picture of a nice size pike!
    Mike Boettcher

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.