Way to go TWINS

• Snagger
    Owatonna, MN

How about those MINESOTA TWINS, 3 game sweep of the White Sox . 3 1/2 game lead with 9 games left. Nothing like fishing and listening to the TWINS.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Yup – yup. Pretty darn impressive turn around from the first half and much fun to watch!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

How ’bout a Twins / Cubs World Series! I wouldn’t know who to cheer for.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

The twins are the best team in the bigs right now.

Gator Hunter

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

It would be easy to pick who to cheer for….the Cubbies . The Twins will have a tough time losin the division now, especially when they have to play detroit a whole bunch.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

The rest of the season should be a breeze. I think I heard that this year Detroit set the record for losses in a single season.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The Twins should have it wrapped up. 7 games against Detroit and 2 against Cleveland. The again, the Tigers are playing for pride and that can be a hard thing to beat. I’m sure they don’t want to set the record for lost games.

The White Sox have a hard road though. 7 against KC and 3 against the Yankees. I hope they crush the Yankees. sorry Jc.

schnauzer
    Minnetrista, MN

I really enjoy listening to the Twins while I’m fishing. It is all the better when they are in contention. Baseball, to me, plays out well on the radio better than any other sport.

I have a feeling they’ll be playing the Yanks in the playoffs first round. It should be interesting.

ilbfishn
    Winona, MN

GO TWINS!! But I agree with Blue Fleck. The Tigers will have plenty to play for, let’s just hope they ARE as bad as their record indicates , and can’t spoil our post season aspirations.

Chad

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

The Tigers ARE that bad. They have to play .500 ball the rest of the way out to tie the record for most losses in a season since 1900. Only the 1899 Cleveland Spiders, one of my all time favorites, have more losses. That year they went 20-134. Ouch Of course the tigers final 10 games are against the Twins (7) and the Royals (3). They should be able to beat the record!

It sure has been nice having competitive baseball being played in Minnesota again. It just goes to show you that it isn’t the stadium that draws fans, it’s the way the team performs on the field!

Steve

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I’m down in Indiana, and they don’t carry Twins down here, so have had to check the web Twins site for all the updates. 7 in a row- it is no stopping them now. GO TWINS. POUND SOME TIGERS….Jack..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.