Sellers beware!!

• go-fish
    Mn.se metro

I recieved this e-mail in response to a classified I have with IDA. BEWARE

Sent : Saturday, October 13, 2007 1:42 PM
    To :
    Subject : PAYMENT DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your feedback,The payment is via certified bank check, I will instruct a client to issue out the payment of $5,000 to you on my behalf via certified bank check..Meanwhile, he will include the shipping fees to it which will be a little bit higher than the price of the (motor)..all you just have to do is to deduct your asking price which is $1,800 out of the payment and forward to balance to my pick up agent which i told you i will arrange for the pick up. I will also want you to provide me with your full name that the payment will be issued out to and your address in which the payment will be posted to including your contact phone number for further communication.. I will be waiting to read from you soonest.
    Thanks

evileye
    Milan Il

You get those all the time anymore no matter where you advertise, but at least by now pretty much everyone knows its a scam

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Sounds like a great deal to me.

shayla

Is there any way to track these goofs down and pound them into submission? Does anyone actually fall for that scam?

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

Is there any way to track these goofs down and pound them into submission? Does anyone actually fall for that scam?

Possibly…

Have the person send you the check, tell them you cashed it and to send his person over to get whats left over

Just hope its not a Van full of armed thugs that come to collect.

cogborn
    Prior Lake/Savage, MN

Here’s a dead give away “yahoo.co.uk”. The UK means United Kingdom. If you go to the Yahoo site (http://uk.yahoo.com/) it’s for both UK and Ireland. Thanks for informing us.

mikev

Yes, indeed, people fall for this garbage. I know someone who had the same type deal with the rental of a house and buying some furniture, she lost about 5000 bucks. Not good.

howler
    bagley wi.

thunderjohn
    Savage, MN

Many people have fallen for it. I imagine the greedy ones. There are also emails coming stating the person has inherited a large sum of money and needs your help getting it out of their country. They will give you a portion after it gets into your account, which of course they want your account #. Then bang, your account is emptied. The USPS has been making some arrests in those cases. The other scam is constant on Craigslist ads.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I get emails from Nigerian princes every day. They want to make me rich and don’t ask for much in return. One of these days, I’m going to take these guys up on their offer so i can retire.

big_g
    Isle, MN

You too ??? I love the new ads, where the old guy sits down next to the gal, and starts reciting the email scam. Hilarious !!!

big g

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.