Go Cubs Go!

• big_head_basher

The Cubs are in the post season now lets see what happens to them this time.

howler
    bagley wi.

luer
    Colfax,Wi

Congrats to the Cubs fans and their team.I’ve never listened to a team that was a greater threat to come from behind.Being down in late innings,or bases empty two outs with the Cubs at the plate,was almost assured the Cubs would spark a rally.Good luck in the post season.

honda75
    Iowa

Now all we have to do is get rid of dempster and we will be in good shape. He is like grossman completley worthless.

luer
    Colfax,Wi

That sucked.
    Now I gotta go back to the Brewers and that SUCKS way bad!
    I can’t root for Arizona..I just can’t.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

luer
    Colfax,Wi

LOL now that’s FUNNY !!

bigpike

The Cubs choked and puked this playoff away, to bad the Brewers werent the team getting swept, they could use the post season expierence for the championship run next year. I half heartedly cheered for the Cubs because they came out ontop of our division, after the Cardinals won the Series last year and the Astros lost the series the year before it’s pretty obvious the Cubs were pretenders and not contenders and a poor representation of the Central. Next year the Brew Crew will open and close the season against the Cubs, I hope they spend a quarter million on A-Rod, look what that has done for the Yankees. GO BREWERS!!!!!!

luer
    Colfax,Wi

I’m with ya..motivate or fire Weeks,Capuono(sp),Turnbow and hire a starting pitcher and we are off to the races.

Man the Cubs just rolled over…BAD !

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Since the beginning of baseball offense has sold tickets and defense has won championships. Until a team can pitch and catch the ball they will generally fail to win the Series.
    Of course their are always exceptions to that rule but it generally proves to be true.

The A-rod bashing amuses me. He faces the best pitching anytime they are in the playoffs. He bats fourth in the lineup. He is beyond any doubt the best player in baseball. If your team was in the playoffs would you pitch to him? Think he can’t hit in the playoffs? Hang a slider or leave a fastball over the plate.

If you have young kids find a way to get a ticket to see him play. He is the best overall player to ever play the game.

luer
    Colfax,Wi

You’ll not hear me utter an unflatering word about the guy.

Griffy Jr….oh my…there is my “best ever”.

luer
    Colfax,Wi

“If your team was in the playoffs would you pitch to him?”
    ///////////////////////////////

I’m a Brewer fan..it ain’t likly gunna happen.Seein how it would have to be in the series.If that did happen I would not pitch to him but “towards” him….

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

I’m with ya..motivate or fire Weeks,Capuono(sp),Turnbow and hire a starting pitcher and we are off to the races.

Man the Cubs just rolled over…BAD !

I agree with you on Capuano and Turnbow, but not on Weeks. He started coming on again in the last few games. I do think you should replace him on your list with Yost. He is a terrible “micro-manager” that seems to think the only way they will win is all hinged on the changes he makes during the game. Also I think they should trade Sheets for as much as they can get for him regardless of what it is. There is one “brittle” pitcher!! We’ve got the entire off season to hash this over but I’m quite sure it won’t get as volatile as Pack vs Vikes

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I look at it this way…the Cubs were in last place in 2006…nearly 30 games under .500…and quite a bit below the Brewers.
    Lou Pinella inherited a mismatch team of players include Mr. “NO HUSTLE” Ramirez and “I GOTTA LEAD OFF” Soriano with over 130 strikeouts…and a poor .300 OPB. Sure Soriano hit 33 homers but only 70 RBIs and many, many LOB. Between HE (3 for 18) and Ramirez (0 for 16), Derrek Lee (3 for 16) and Cliff Floyd (1 for 14)…there’s the reason for the early depature to the D-Backs.
    Look for Pinella to dump some of the overweight salary and bring up some more young hustlers like Theriot, Fontentot, Cedeno and Pie.
    I think Dempster is done…Wood is recovering well and beween him Marmol and Howry they have a very solid B-Pen.
    Zambrano and Lily are solid…Marquis needs some run support and Hill is young. They need a 5th starter. They Cubs should be better next year but no realistic Cub fan thought they would go this far this year… JMHO

luer
    Colfax,Wi

I listen to a LOT of baseball(XM).When you contrast the Cubs and Brewers it’s easy.The Brew crew can NOT come from behind period.The Cubs just have to wait out the starting pitcher and be close,the set up man and closer who are gunna be mid to upper nineties throwers are in for a tussle.I’ve never listened to a team that was a greater threat in late innings or with two out,it was unreal.

luer
    Colfax,Wi

So much of what you say is spot on,Pinella turned this team on when he did his bulldozer imitation on that umpire
    I don’t think the piching needs much (any) help,and Ron Santo correctly states that the Cubs just can’t hit “junk” pitchers,they thrive on the hard stuff.That is why you saw the D backs start three guys that can’t break into the nineties.Heck the Cubs were screwing themselves into the ground on 67 mph “junk”! They need to address that.

bigpike

A-rod is 0 for 30 in playoff road games, the guy just plain stinks under playoff pressure, if the Cubs give him a quarter billion they will be looking at that curse. on and on and on….

luer
    Colfax,Wi

I knew it was bad,but oh fur thirty!!!
    phew( cyber whistle),what’s the math on that?

I don’t get Soreono either,he collapsed again in the post season.

Brian Hoffies

Go ahead and list the teams that A-Rod would not help if he became the starting shortstop today.

Keep the salary issue’s out of this discussion, I’m only interested in the talent end of things.

bigpike

A-rod is no dought the most talented player in the game, he just flops in the playoffs. So if you like getting there then having him bottle up the clean up spot with 0-fers he is your guy. Until proven otherwise that’s what he is. Heck the Yankee’s dont even want him anymore because they want to win the world series not just get to the playoffs.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Heck the Yankee’s dont even want him anymore because they want to win the world series not just get to the playoffs.

So it’s A-rods fault the opposing team scores runs off the Yankee’s pitchers? Look at the Yankees pitching roster. If it looks and smells old, it’s because it is. Mr. Clutch D. Jeter’s bat has been fairly silent in this series as well. Maybe they should send him packing too.

bigpike

Jeter has come up in the clutch in the playoffs so many times its not even funny, why do you think he so loved by the Yankee fans and A-rod is scorned. His mark in Yankee history is allready written, all he can do now is add to it. Even if he fails this year, it will still fall on A-Rod because he has failed every year as a Yankee player in the playoffs.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Do you think the Yankees would even be in the Playoffs if it weren’t for A-rods hot bat this season and all the homers hit for them? I doubt it…

bigpike

Agreed, he carried that club when no one else did. That’s what sucks about being A-Rod. He wants the most money so he gets the most pressure and scrutiny. The Yankee’s have said if he opts out of his contract they will not be in the bidding for him and there only so many teams willing to give him 30 mil a year, this should be an interesting off season for A-Rod. I know one team that will be happy, the Texas Rangers are still paying a pretty good chunck of his original 250mil contract and would be off the hook when he opts out. Hey maybe he turns it around this year and carries them to the world series, then this whole discussion is done. I think he just is putting to much pressure on himself and he will fail. Maybe a new team would be just what he needs to succeed in the playoffs….

Brian Hoffies

A-Rod loaded the Yankee’s on his back and carried them to the playoffs. Without his bat Detroit is the wild card and the world would be ripping A-Rod apart.

I will guarantee you the Cubs players would welcome him with open arms to be their starting shortstop in ’08.

He accepted a trade to the Yankee’s.
    He agreed to move to third so Jeter could stay at short.
    He produces like no other player in history.
    He is not in the news daily for ripping teammates or getting in trouble with the law.
    He hired the best agent he could to get him the best contract he could.

Why is it people continue to rip this guy? If he is God almighty in cleats then why didn’t Texas win the world series? It takes more then one player to win a game.

zombywuff
    Illinois

Quote:

I will guarantee you the Cubs players would welcome him with open arms to be their starting shortstop in ’08.

Yeah, everyone but Theriot and Cedeno.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.