Minn Kota Maxxum Bearing Replacement

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Has anyone tried(with luck) to replace the lower bearing on the shaft of Minn Kota trolling motor?

I believe the parts on the diagram are 53, 66 and 67. I’m just wondering how difficult this job is and if it’s something I really want to tackle.

Thanks in advance!

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

Did mine with some cussing and a couple of beers, took about an hour. Found it would have been easier with 2 people. Hardest part was getting part 59 lined up when putting it back together and keeping presure on the spring.

sicheneder
    forest lake,mn

how do you know its that? my motor has a hard time turning sometimes until it has been used for a while.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

how do you know its that? my motor has a hard time turning sometimes until it has been used for a while.

The inner shaft has too much play and swings freely. I removed the collar(part #69) and the bearing workings were loose/almost falling apart.

The motor works fine, I just want to fix that before I do any permanent damage.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I suggest using Mono to fix it!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

I suggest using Mono to fix it!

You would.

evileye
    Milan Il

I don’t know how hard it would be Tom, but Todds is out also and I asked the guy that services Minn Kotas at The flw Weigh in and he said he could replace it while we wait. soooo couldn’t be to hard

big_head_basher

any mechanical knowledge and you will have it done in no time.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

any mechanical knowledge and you will have it done in no time.

I guess I’m thoroughly screwed then.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.