Leech Lake Musky Guides?

• jphersh22
    SE Iowa

Any recommendations on a good musky guide for Leech Lake this summer? I’ve fished for most everything else but never musky so I thought a guided trip would be the way to start.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Al Mass
    check out the Leech lake guide colitation

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Check with Bob Bowman or Dan Larson, from right here on IDA. If they don’t cover that water, they will know someone who does.

MN Musky
    Ham Lake/Mille Lacs, Mn

Two guys come to mind. Chad Cain or Jim Murphy both are great musky guys. Jim works at Thorne Bros in Fridley in the off season. Both have websites. I have never met Chad. Jim is a retired cop with great stories. He would make for a great day day on the water.

http://www.jimmurphyguide.com/

jldii

Jeff Woodruff is a very good long established muskie guide on Leech.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Tell ya what, if none of these guys work out, I have a close pal of mine who has been a guide up there a long time and is well known.

I’ve been trying to get the guy on staff here to advertise, but it is in the works.

Shoot me a PM and I can hook you up.

topraider101

Jim Murphy is a great musky guide for Leech Lake. He also works at Thorne Bros during the off season, and does winter seminars with Greg Thomas & Tony Grant.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Jeff Woodruff is a very good long established muskie guide on Leech.

I would second Jeff. Although I have never fished with him I have spent enough time around him to know he is a great guy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.