canada

• howler
    bagley wi.

Whats up do you need a passport to enter Canada, I hear yea and no.

StaleMackrel

If you travel by air you need one for 2007. If you are driving accross and back you do not need one for 2007. For 2008 it is scheduled thay you will have to have one by car or boat. Heads up to any of you who goofed and got a DUI that is on your record; you will not get into Canada. Hope that’s not any of you out there.

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

I understood you need the passport to get back in the USA

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Stale is correct. You will not need a passport to enter the U.S. this year if driving. Flying back into the country you will. I got mine because it should clear up any questions and possibly speed up re-entry. If you go every year like I do it’s only an extra $10 bucks basically to get it now.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

I go every year so I have mine along with that I have my Candian Firearms permit. It speeds everything up a GREAT deal.

This is a great thing to do if your going.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Flying back to US-yes. Driving back-no, for this year. Next year passport either way. It is a good idea to have an original copy of your birth certificate with and everyone should have a picture I.D. or drivers license with them. You can get one at the courthouse of the county you were born in for about $10.
    You should also contact your car insurance carrier and get a certificate of proof of auto insurance coverage while you are driving in Canada. I never knew about this until a friend of mine told me about it.

sledhead
    MN Rosemount

for kids (under 18) you need a passport now dont you?

Roddy

My parents were in Banff last September. When they crossed the border to get into Montana the border patrol asked if they could prove they were U.S, residents. My dad showed the border patrol a MN driver’s license. The patrol told my dad this does not prove you are a resident, only that you can operate a vehicle. The patrol did tell them that in 2007 they would need to prove residency to get back into the U.S.. Maybe the Border Patrol was confused on flying vs. driving, but we are telling everyone in our party to have a passport this year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.