Northshore lakes?

• WeaverBottom
    SE Minnesota

My buddies and I are trying to put together a run to the Northshore. I am looking for a little input on what lakes might be good to hit. We’d like to stay out of the BWCA. Maybe somewhere near Grand Marais? Thanks.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

What species are you going to be targeting?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I am curious what species also. I try to spend alot of time in that area. There is a very good book available at the grand marais DNR office that contains all fishable lakes in Cook Co. Also there is a free book available for Lake co. in Finland. Both of these books are full of very good information about all of the lakes in the area. You could probably contact the DNR offices in those areas by email or phone to request the books.

I don’t think too many people in the area are going to give away too many hot spots

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My good friend and his brother hit some lakes down the Sawbill trail each year and get some real nice walleye.

WeaverBottom
    SE Minnesota

Wouldn’t mind catchin’ a few eyes or some perch. Maybe, just maybe trout. The fellas don’t much care for the oilcans. We’ll probably be tenting it, so it’d be nice if a campsite was near.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Ball Club Lake just up the road from Devil Track and Two Island is a nice little gem. There is camping nearby, but not at Ball Club. Good Luck!

dd

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Two Island is an awesome Smallmouth lake. If I remember right it’s catch and release only. I’ll second Ball Club as a great Walleye lake. Give Homer a try but if you are motoring be very careful…Lots of rocks that come out of nowhere.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.