semi crash in nebraska info

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Wow, that is some crash. That’s west of me a ways down I80. From what I heard, they had worse weather than we did here. This whole thing is just awful.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

That’s too bad. Those big trucks don’t like to slow down in those type of conditions and then this type of thing happens. I can’t believe that more wern’t hurt.

canoli
    Waterloo, IA

Quote:

That’s too bad. Those big trucks don’t like to slow down in those type of conditions and then this type of thing happens. I can’t believe that more wern’t hurt.

I don’t think is true all the time. I drive truck, and no matter how slow you are going or how careful you’re being, someone else’s driving can get you into trouble just as quickly. The other day I was in Illinois doing about 40 MPH in the blowing snow on the Interstate. It was deceptively slippery. A truck whips around me and the resulting draft was enough to send my rig skidding sideways. I pulled out and no one got hurt, but it could have just as easily been worse. I sometimes think us big rig drivers drive like little old ladies out there.

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

That one wasn’t far from home that day.But I’ve just been waiting for it to happen all winter.It’s the first real winter they have had in the area for 5-6 years and everybody still thinks they can run down interstate at 75-80 all winter.I have been all over out here in the panhandle out into Wyoming and into western Ks the last three months and the roads are so changeable from day to day that it’s unbelievable.I started taking the less traveled highways when it’s bad just to stay off interstate.A little slower but you at least make it.Almost every storm I’ve seen a few major accidents.Usually a semi is involved but they aren’t always the one that started it.Hopefully spring is coming quick with open water, clear highways and an end to this mess for another year.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Did anyone see the Fed Ex truck with tandem pups hit that car and police vehicle last week? Suprisingly no one was badly hurt.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.