Fish Smell

• Art

I know James had an article a couple years ago aboutafish cooker tht did’t smell up the house. I took 4 guys I work with fishing friday, and we caught a lot of sunfish. These guys don’t fish much,and the bite was very good. I quit smoking this year, and know I know why my wife and daughter got me an outdoor fish cooker. Cooked fish for 17 people tonight and house stinks. Fish was excellent but the hot oil smell doesn’t seem to leave. James had an article about a fish cooker that had a charcaol filter on it for indoor use. Sure could use an idea or I’ll have to find recipes for broiled fish.

birddog
    Mn.

There are quite a few different types of fryers that have the filter, my buds had 2 different ones, low end (wally world)and now a more spendy unit, his house will still smell of fryer. Granted not quite as bad as a open fryer, but still smells. I found that putting the fryer on the stove and turning on the vent fan really helps and keeping it on till the oil cools.

When I fry fish for a crowd I always do it outside with the big fryer.

I’d find out what brand my bud has but it’s all for not, his house still smells.

BIRDDOG

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I thought the smell had a lot to do with the oil. Certian type of oil smells less than the others. Cant remember which one right now.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

When cooking fish for that many people, I’ve been using my turkey fryer with a shallower pan and basket. You’ll need to do it outside, but they work awesome. You can fry a huge batch of fish and french fries in just a few minutes. I’m not sure what would work indoors.

Art

I almost always fry fish outside just for the smell reason. Had a new batter reciepe I wanted to try and it was a little cool out yesterday. Just have to keep doing them outside. I use a turkey cooker also but have a smaller pan for fish. Was just wondering if there was any kind of cooker that would work in the house. Guess I’ll just keep doing them outside. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.