Crestliner CMV 1850

• bigweav
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I thinking of getting rid of my Charger bass boat next spring and getting a Crestliner CMV 1850, the question I have is has anybody bought one or rode in one. And if so what did you thing about the ride and handeling? Thanks

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I absolutely love there layouts on these boats,BUT there is hardly any dry storage. If you ask me, every compartment should be dry storage!!! Not sure if this model is the same, but on some of the others the batteries are located underneath the center rod storage and unless you have an onboard, it looks like it would be a pain in the butt to charge em. Besides that, you won’t be able to run a 36 volt trolling motor on that boat becasue it doesn’t look like there is enough room to fit a 3rd battery. Lastly, I personally am not a big fan of their livewells. I’ve fished out of the Fish Hawks before and it seems like its work to keep fish alive in those livewells in the summer. I’m not sure if its just because of the lack of insulation and they get too hot or what it is, but I’ve lost fish in them and I know of a guy who was killing fish left and right in a tournament last summer fishing out of a CMV… Its too bad cuz like I said before, I love the layout of this boat but those aspects that I mentioned are for too important to fall short on in my opinion…just my 2 pennies…

oops, forgot about the ride and handling…I’ve been in the Fishhawk 1850 and its a super nice ride. The guy I know that has one absolutely loves his. and with a 150 expect to top out at about 60

bigweav
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Thanks Phishirman that the stuff someone would want to know before purchasing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.