Information on Alexandria Area lakes

• Snagger
    Owatonna, MN

Planning summer family vacation—need info and help to find a good resort with modern cabins and good walleye/northern/panfish/bass (any or all of the above) fishing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

There’s a place a half hour up I94 near Ashby called Ashby Resort on Pelican Lake. I have stayed there many times. The fishing can vary, like many lakes, but it has been a good walleye, panfish, bass, and pike lake depending on the year and the time of season. It is generally better for eyes early because it’s a shallow lake and begins to heat up before most area lakes. s for the resort, Mike and Diane are great people and really take care of the place. It has one of the best fish cleaning houses you’ll find. The cabins are very nice. They have a little sand area for the kids, with a little slide in the water, kid water toys, and a playground area.

Another one I would suggest is north of there, up on Rush Lake. Rush can be a very good lake as well. The resort is Shady Grove on Rush Lake Loop. They have a swimming pool and they used to have kids activities at the little store there.

Both are on the web, just google them.

reever_1
    Rochester Minnesota

Sand Bay Resort on West Battle looks pretty nice, Good lake for all around fishing

Don Hanson

Check out Besty Ross Resort on Lake Ida. June is my favorite month to hit this lake. Good eye and bass fishing along with panfish that can be caught all day long. I never targeted them, but good northern fishing also. http://www.bestyrossresort.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.