Just Saying Hello!

• jlallen

I just wanted to say hello. This is my first post even though I have been registered for along time. I am friends with a couple of the IDA staffers so I figured it was about time that I came out of the closet and admited that I can read and write. I look forward to posting and sharing in the future and see you on the water(ice).

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well seeing how you are friends with them guys, start sharing thier little secrets on how to catch fish. welcome aboard!!!

shane

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Welcome to the site, I enjoy it here too.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Nice avatar!!!!!! Did Thin-Ice tell you what that is??????

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It all starts with the first post…then some of us just can’t shut up!

Welcome aboard!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hello backatya

big g

evileye
    Milan Il

Hi JAllen.
    Welcome to the site

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Welcome to the site.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Back at ya!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Welcome!!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Welcome aboard!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I am friends with a couple of the IDA staffers so I figured it was about time that I came out of the closet and admited that I can read and write.

Sure….step up the standards right away
    Looking forward to more post

Bret

emover
    Malcom, IA

lurking just isn’t near as much fun as making that first…er couple a hundreth post. Glad you could join in the fun JAllen!

dave

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

The more the merrier
    Welcome to IDA.
    Any questions just ask.

Ron

jlallen

Thank You all for the warm welcome, and dont hold it against me that I know some of the IDA staffers. I have been lucky enough to learn from some of the the best fisherman in the north. I cant wait to learn and share with all of you. P.S. I am primarily a bass fisherman so be nice to me

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I am primarily a bass fisherman so be nice to me

…ever thought about catfishing??

Ok, now you have to tell us…who’s the staffers that you know. They get two points for getting you posting and -1 for being a bass fisherman.

jlallen

Well Briank, I lived in Arizona for the first 13 years of my life so I have Catfished alot.Lake Powell and the Salt River were awesome fisheries. We used everything from livers to waterdogs. For your other question I might get negative zillon points . I work for a certain store(Worlds foremost Outfitter) and so I have had the privledge of meeting quiet a few. Calvin and Finke are the ones I know the best.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well that dont do me any good, I already know finke, and well he sold me some lures and well I haven’t even cuaght any fish on them in the 2 years that I have owned them and they where his number 1 go to bait for tonka. but I chatted with him last night and looking to join his bass club, gonna check it out.
    but now the other guy, I don’t know him and haven’t met him, share his secrets.

thanks

shane

jlallen

If Finke gave you his number 1 goto bait then it must work. You need to ask him on what lake it is his number 1 goto bait Calvin is primarily a Walleye guy(not that there is anything wrong with that)and he knows his stuff. I am even thinking of trying to get out and catch some of those walleyes with cal this winter if he does not charge me to much

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well I know finke and his minnetonka hogs that he seems to find. so that was the bait to put them 4+ pounders in my boat, well so far I haven’t even caught any weight on them go to baits, but haven’t given up on them yet. I agree, cal would be fun to fish with, like picking them eye guys brain on how to sit int he boat and drive around and hold the pole and make it look like you are fishing. no seriously, there is alot to learn, slowly getting htere. so be sure that when you post here, you share the secrets of the field staff, one for each post.

thanks

shane

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.