Real Rocks and Real Mud

• shayla

Would any of you guys buying fake weeds be interested in Real Rocks or Real Mud? This is all in the works right now, but I’ve got a supplier of old bowling balls and I plan to paint them to look like rocks and thread an old anchor rope thru them. I’ll probably offer them in a scattered boulder package along with a full rockpile package! As for the mud, I’m still thinking of a way to retrieve that once you quit fishing.

col._klink
    St Paul

I don’t know………that would add a bunch of weight to my portable………..I bet some guys might bite……….

That’s pretty good humor

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Ummm….I think that we should refrain from mocking a site sponsor and their product The way the reports are coming in, the Reel Weeds are working exactly as advertised.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey… good humor is good humor. And I laughed. Guys I trust like Dean and Steil have told me the Reel Weeds flat out work great. And when I first heard about them and how they were used I was very skeptical. I was down to Everts yesterday and asked Dean for the “don’t give me any BS” request for the dirt on Reel Weeds as I knew he used them the day prior fishing Wabasha. He had some VERY strong comments about them and they were all positive.

So let the doubters be doubters. Anglers that are open to innovation are the anglers that will stay ahead of the game.

shayla

I’m not mocking anyone! Heck, 5 years ago if you told me I could catch a walleye on a plastic worm I woulda looked at you like you were crazy! Now, thanks to BfishN I can’t even move in my boat without tripping over one of their products! If I’m poking fun at anyone or anything it’s how the fishing industry creates products that catch more fisherman than fish. Heck, I might even try Reel Weeds sometime, but if I don’t it’s probably my loss, right?

Now if you will excuse me I got bowling balls to paint!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’m not mocking anyone! Heck, 5 years ago if you told me I could catch a walleye on a plastic worm I woulda looked at you like you were crazy!

Ain’t that the truth. I still run into the occassional guy that think platics for walleye must be some kind of HUGE conspiracy and that Dustin and I MUST be using minnows to catch our fish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ve checked when James wasn’t around..no dead minnows under the seat and I couldn’t find a yellow bucket anywhere in his boat…

Now the bowling ball/rock idea…pitchen to Real Rocks?? Might want to keep that under your hat until you have a patent on that…

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Still looking for that Real Logjam for the kitties.

PM me when they are available.

jld
    Holmen

I often times wonder how my grandfather(God rest his soul) who gave me my start in ice fishing would think of all the money and gadgets that are involved in ice fishing today. I remember carrying a bucket, an old broken cut down fishing rod and reel from the summer before and a piece of rebar that he fashioned a point on for chipping holes in the ice and we caught fish. I am almost embarrassed sometimes when I think how much money I have spent on gear. Welcome to the 21st century I guess. Thanks Archie.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

James…
    Interesting statement about innovation. One of my pet statements when teaching is that “the greatest roadblock to being a truely good fisherman is one’s own lack of imagination or creativity”.

The bowling ball idea might be a dandy though. One a local lake two years ago I saw two guys fishing in one spot day after day. And while they fished they took time to stack a few more pieces of rip-rap rock out on the ice about forty feet from shore. Last winter the same two were at it again in the same exact spot. Last spring I went thru the area snooping for crappies and located a substantial pile of rock in 12 feet of water and can tell you that it is quite productive. Especially in the fall.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Quote:

I remember carrying a bucket, an old broken cut down fishing rod and reel from the summer before and a piece of rebar that he fashioned a point on for chipping holes in the ice and we caught fish.

Yeah I remember when i was a youngster, We fished our hearts out with what we had. It was all we had and we caught fish!

(jk)

in all seriousness, I can definitely agree with you. I find it funny reading old reports from last year. I caught tons of fish without the marcum Lx-3 and I caught tons with it. Either way though, I could still catch fish. But I think that its amazing to see what technology has done in the fishing world. Fishing is even more than a relaxing time for me now, its become an obsession and something that I spend a lot of time doing.
    I still am amazed however, how often I watch the older men at goose island and stoddard keeping up with me while they are sporting a 42″ still fish rod and no electronics, while i sit there with my 24″ spinning combos and fancy gadgets. Bottom line is, no matter how you go about doing what you love to do, the fact that it (fishing) is the most amazing thing in the world will never change!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Bottom line is, no matter how you go about doing what you love to do, the fact that it (fishing) is the most amazing thing in the world will never change!

Amen. No matter how you fish its a ”great day” on the water whether its soft or hard water.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I’m glad somebody’s gonna try the bowling ball approach. As for me, I’m interested in space utilization and ease of carrying so my rock pile is gonna be made from fake rocks that stack into each other. Some people use them to cover wellheads, sewer pipes etc. but I think we’re onto something here. 30 pounds of fake rocks will make a nice rockpile

shayla

While fishing pool 4 today, my buddy Rocky came up with the idea of Wingie on a Stringie….not too bad, huh?

All we need now is DeZurik to pose with a couple giant walleyes and say he used the new “Wingie on a Stringie” to catch them and we’re RICH!!!

By the way, Pool 4 vertical sauger bite was good today, the pitching bite not so good.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Just remember us little guys when you make it big with that one!

bgrotte
    Rogers, MN

Hey!!

Don’t be telling everyone about my idea!

Now what am I gonna do That was going to be my jumpstart to retirement

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

I’ve got a big brushpile in the backyard and also a big pile of rock for a retaining wall I haven’t built yet. Does anyone know where I can get some Real Water and I’ll have it made.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Rock…you are going to need some Reel Fish!

shayla

Quote:

Rock…you are going to need some Reel Fish!

I didn’t say anything, HONEST! (Let’s just say Rocky had a tough go of it yesterday on Pool 4).

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

So you didn’t tell him about the green hair and black head jig?? Or is that a secret??

elesar

With these temps lately. The inventor of REEL ICE will be the guy with millions. Somebody figure that one out.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Thanks for this thread guys. It was good for a laugh.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.