Loss of a close friend.

• troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

Hey Guys and Gals-

I lost my closest friend last night to cancer. Brad Kroening of Winona lost his 6 1/2 year battle at his home. He has suffered though major heart attacks, base of tongue cancer, and finally lung cancer. He was an avid outdoorsman- one of those guys who would always somehow get the whole fall off to fish and hunt. He was active in Tri-County Pheasants Forever also. The guys just flat out loved to hunt and loved his labs. He did get to hunt a special elk hunt last year at a ranch that donates hunts for this situation- got to spend a couple of days with Jim Zumbo at this hunt. He always laughed about burning all his dads wood decoys (10 doz) for firewood after they got those “new” plastic decoys. He tried hard to never miss a banquet and loved to buy prints and whatever else he could get his hands on.

Funeral is Saturday at Pleasant Valley Church in Winona.
    Survived by wife Marilyn, son Sam (10), and daughter Claire (8).

Thought maybe someone out there might know him and his family. Keep them in your thoughts this week- it’s going to be tough.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Sorry to hear that!
    Too much of that going around now days.
    Cancer sucks. No one deserves the pain and suffering that goes with it. It often times is harder on the people around the person, than the person themself.
    Prayers sent.

Blazeman
    Detroit Lakes

Sorry to hear about your friend. I did not know him but my heart goes out to his family. I lost my wife to cancer two years ago so I am aware of the pain and suffering Brad and his family went through. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Sorry to hear the bad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family.

Mike

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Just think of it this way, he doesn’t need to beg off work now, he hunts and fishes for eternity…he is in a far better place.

Prayers going out from Byron.

D

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Condolences.

troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

Quote:

Just think of it this way, he doesn’t need to beg off work now, he hunts and fishes for eternity…he is in a far better place.

Prayers going out from Byron.

D

The best part of that is he never had to beg- he would just “change careers” or sell his current business every Sept and find a new one in January.

Thanks all- it’s been a sucky day.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Sorry to hear about this Troy.

My condolences and prayers.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

our prayers will be sent for you and your friend..
    sorry to hear news like this ..

Jeff & Mary

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Prayers sent to you and his family for comfort and peace.

shayla

My heart goes out to you and his family. Glad to hear he was one of those guys that got the whole fall to pursue his passion of the outdoors….I firmly believe that time was granted your friend for a good reason.

gat
    Glopaint,Capital Northwest Wisc.

Thoughts and prayers to you and his family,never easy

KellyW

Troy, sorry for your loss and my prayers go out to you and his family.

Kelly

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

My condolences and prayers to you and his family and friends!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Sorry to hear of your loss. Where he is now he will never feel any pain again. My prayers go out to his family that the Lord would comfort them, help them through this, and give them His peace as they continue on in life.
    Thanks, Bill

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

My deepest sympathies… as well as my prayers to the family, freinds, you, and all other cancer [atients and survivors. May the lord bless you and keep you. May the lord shine his light upon you. And may the lord keep thee and protect thee and care for those that he has called upon to serve him in the kingdom of heaven. We weep for this loss. But we also can take solice knowing that this great person is fishing on the shores of heaven with GOD himself providing the bait!!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.