IDA toys for TOT’S???

• packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Not sure if this has ever been brought up but we all are very fortunate to have the time and money to persue our past times; I was thinking if we could all get together and maybe donate a gift.
    Right know I am just trying to get the ball rolling. If possible would some of our GREAT sponsors maybe a drop off site!!
    I know alot of you already donate but we could as IDA members could give to some some little kids out there that are not as lucky as we are.
    Just trying to get the ball rolling. any input would be helpful.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Sounds like a great idea to me! I would be in! If IDA is interested… maybe they could set up drop-off sites around the state with volunteer IDA Staff! Otherwise, I would be willing to assist! Call KARE 11 and do one of those on-air drop offs that they do during their 10 o’clock. Good thinking!

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Great idea on the KARE-11 drop off!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Guys this sounds like a great idea. I would like to see this be something the IDA members take charge of. The staff will help support this in any way we can, but most of us are pulled in about ten different directions right now. There may be a few staff members in the area who would like to get involved also, but as i said, I would like to see the members take this and run with it.

So what do you think? Is this something you guys want to take on? If you do, and you need any assistance from us, please drop me a note and I’ll do what I can to help.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

For this to work Toys or (preferably) money for toys would have to go to one place/individual. Who in turn would get the toys to Kare 11. Obviously it would have to be a reliable sort of person who could get the job done. (I’m not saying that person is me.) Somebody who lives in Golden Valley or nearby and could do the shopping would be ideal. It would be a neat thing to do.

dd

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

I think this is a great idea. Any way to keep the toys/money local. I know that KTTC tv in Rochester does the same, so if we could have a collection site down here, we could take them to the studio. Other places in the state probably do that too…keep us posted, I will donate.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I think the best way to handle this is just use the drop off locations that are already out there, no need to reinvent the wheel. Here is a link to help you find the nearest drop off location to you.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I think the orignal post sounds like they want it to be a “IDA Toys for Tots” ..
    A collection from IDA members and then drop off to a drop site ,not a individual drop off ,so when the toy drop is made it is from them members of IDA forum …
    A great way to spead the word of IDA even more through out our communities.(sp)
    As we will be glad to donate as well

LEADPLEASE

Any more thought’s on where to drop off presents? Sorry Guys and Gals but we need to get this done to represent the IDA family. Let packingheat or myself know if we can try to figure out a drop off site. We are located in the Red Wing area. (As plenty of us are) Pool 4 rocks! Thanks again. Any thoughts of a drop site would be helpful.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.