partners in hunting land?

• tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

I have been thinking of buying 80-160 acres by lake of the woods for hunting. What are your experances or stories of getting a group of 3 or more guys to by the propery togeather. I am looking at LOTW because land is cheaper (usally below $1000.00 an acre).

shayla

I guess it depends on the relationship of those individuals. Even the best relationships go sour sometimes, and I’ve heard the horror stories enough to know that if I was in your position I would rather buy a smaller chunk I could own privately than a larger chunk I had to go in on with other guys. Just my two cents!

On a sidenote, what’s with those prices??? I interviewed in Baudette about 12 years ago for a fisheries position and at that time the prices were around $5-600/acre!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

On a sidenote, what’s with those prices??? I interviewed in Baudette about 12 years ago for a fisheries position and at that time the prices were around $5-600/acre!

Hunting land has gone threw the roof the last 5 years. Sellers know people will pay to hunt. And everyone knows public land is getting far to crowded.

wigwam
    Lake of the Woods, MN

Just a little info on LOTW.

If you are talking to someone about land get a platt book for the area and if you know any one personally up here ask if they know where it is, accessibility etc.

LOTS of swamp up here you can get to in a dry year but if it rains don’t bother.

Just letting you know.

Where are you thinking about buying? North or South of HWY 11? Maybe I know of something.

Cat

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

I really don’t have an area in mind, I know Dan Gibbins and he hade already warned me about the swap land. I plan on investaging before buying. It would be nice to have a place of our own and not leasing or the crowded public land.

bigpike

I know some guys who are brothers in partnership on land, there advise to me is if you can buy it on your own, that’s my advice to you, if you can avoid it dont partner up….

wigwam
    Lake of the Woods, MN

I know a guy that had a nice 40 for sale out by where I hunt. It’s 10 miles south. I’ll give them a call and let you know if you are interested

troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

I owned 121 acres in SE Mn until last spring with my best friend. Everything was great until he got cancer and couldn’t work and pay his half of the payments. That $1400 a month was a tough nut to crack by myself. We had to sell it this spring. I don’t blame him and would sell everything I own if it would cure his cancer- he isn’t expected to make it to see 2007.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.