DUCK BOAT ?

• tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

I found a great big body of water full of ducks and geese surrounded by corn and bean fields. The only problem is getting into it. Does anyone own or used the Otter Stealth 1200 or 2000 or any other small light duck boat? I have used a friends Pintail boat from Gander but was wondering if there is anything better. Otter clames that it’s realy stable I would like to know before forking out the bucks, Thanks.

jasonjabe
    La Crosse/St. Charles

I have the 1200…Very stable…you can shoot out of it with very little rocking. No fear of flipping. Only thing is..it’s a little heavy if you have to go a ways. 100#.I hunt out of mine quite a bit and love it. 2 guys and decoys no problem. Takes about 6″ to float easy.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Myself and a couple other guys own Carstens puddlers. They’re 10ft long sneak boats similar to the pintail. It drags very well and can be handled fairly easily. Its used for all types of migratory bird hunting but my favorite is floating the rivers with them. In these boats we’re able to sneak up very quietly. I use a kayak paddle and we can really move. The only problem I can see is space if you’re considering the stealth. I can fit a full bag of decoys, a largeblind, and my gun in there comfortably. Maybe take a look at a few of their two person models if want a bit bigger. All of their boats are fiberglass and well constructed.

col._klink
    St Paul

I have a camo canoe. I would more than wiling to paddle you out there!

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Got a 1200 and love it. I ran my first 1200 very hard for four years. This summer I managed to put a 2″ crack in the bottom of the boat near the seat. Don’t exactly know how I did it, but managed to do it regardless. I emailed up to the Otter Factory in Maple Lake with pictures and they gave me a brand new boat for this year. These boats are tough and they stand behind them. I tried to sweet talk them into letting me keep my old boat as well, but that didn’t pan out.

My suggestion is to call the factory and see if they have any scratch and dent boats. I guess that they have a couple in stock sometimes. I don’t think it is common, but worth a shot.

If there are a lot of ducks out there, I would be glad to bring mine up and we can try it out.

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

Thanks for the repys, I was hunting in the bean field and the darn things kept on going into the water, We still had a good shoot but there is an island in the middle that just sceams divers. Sorry for now I have to turn down your test drives but we could get some local geese when the corn comes out. Oh buy the way this spot is in North Dakota. Gotta go calling Otter now, Thanks guys.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.