anyone notice A LOT more unmarked vehicles lately?

• jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

I put on a lot of miles in MN and noticed a ton of unmarked law enforcement vehicles lately. Taurus’, Tahoe’s, explorers, Expeditions, ex cabs, crew cabs, vans etc. They have laptops, tons of antennas, tinted windows and a #$%& load of lights that are concealed if you look closely. Are they police, CO’s, FBI, Marshals or what? I even saw a black Tahoe in B. Park with tinted windows and one of those stickers on the back window with a guy “pissing” on something… This Tahoe had a car pulled over and it had a TON of red and blue lights flashing. Now that’s concealed!! Who are they? I also see a ton of black trucks around Mille Lacs/Onamia with regular license plates with all the gadgetry as well.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

They are Them, They are They,

They are….the MIB

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Just heard the republican nation convention is going to be held in the twin cities, is this the reason?

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

When I went to school for Law Enforcement we were taught only 10 percent of your fleet could be unmarked. I am sure that is still true, but maybe one of our law enforcement members on here can answer that. If you are doing nothing wrong you should not have to worry.

col._klink
    St Paul

What’s wrong with that?

just don’t buy anything from the guys in the cars

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

yeah.. they are always selling “tickets”.. I thought there was a law against scalping!?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

If you’re in the 494/694 loop, it’s State Patrol, MPLS and ST. Paul police. Those 3 agencies have a ton of federal overtime money to crack down on just about everything. They will pull you over and ticket any violation with a focus on getting impared drivers off the road. Anything will get you pulled over. Stuff like fogged up or cracked windshield, out taillights, brakelights, loud muffler, even air fresheners on your rearview mirror will get you pulled over. The money is there through the end of the year.

Do a general inspection of all of your equipment at least once a week if you drive a lot in the cities. They are everywhere!

-J.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

Anything will get you pulled over. Stuff like fogged up or cracked windshield, out taillights, brakelights, loud muffler, even air fresheners on your rearview mirror will get you pulled over.

Something that got me pulled over last Saturday as I drove 94 West through St Paul was speeding. You might want to watch out for that too… Of course I was polite to the officer, so he dropped it from 76 in a 55, to 64 in a 55. Saves me $100.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

Anything will get you pulled over. Stuff like fogged up or cracked windshield, out taillights, brakelights, loud muffler, even air fresheners on your rearview mirror will get you pulled over.

Something that got me pulled over last Saturday as I drove 94 West through St Paul was speeding. You might want to watch out for that too… Of course I was polite to the officer, so he dropped it from 76 in a 55, to 64 in a 55. Saves me $100.

So true…. My radar pretty much beeps non-stop around here.

-J.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Saves you alot moe than $100! What is it??? 2 tickets and your insurance would go up?

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

jwfilm,
    Another thing. About the balck trucks around Mille Lacs, they are probally CO’s. They have regular license plates and only “Conservation Officer” across the tailgate. And a shield on the passenger door. Not to many people see the passenger door as they drive down the road unless you are on a 4 lane highway. The CO’s all have laptops in their trucks and lots of fun gadgets. I am not 100 percent sure but they could also be Tribal Officers. They are cross deputized and can inforce any state or local laws inside of Mille Lacs county like Onamia and the south end of Mille Lacs.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

Saves you alot moe than $100! What is it??? 2 tickets and your insurance would go up?

And it was just about 2 weeks ago that my last ticket’s 1 year plea deal finished up. If it had been a month ago I’d get a little 2 for 1 deal going. But not the good 2 for 1 deal.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I agree with Slop, definately MIB…

col._klink
    St Paul

Guys you might want to be aware of Safe and Sober.

There is a push get as many drunks off the streets as possible.

This is done in every agency. One car per department will have a squad only working traffic and like Jon said they will stop you fpr anything. During the stop they will come up to your window and take a big sniff!

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Sounds like a bad time to go from SEMN to St. Cloud tonight huh??? Thanx for the heads up, will have to set the cruise.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

Guys you might want to be aware of Safe and Sober.

There is a push get as many drunks off the streets as possible.

This is done in every agency. One car per department will have a squad only working traffic and like Jon said they will stop you fpr anything. During the stop they will come up to your window and take a big sniff!

Exactly what the officer said and did. Of course it was 12:30 in the afternoon, so I was good. Not that I would d & d anyways.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.