Problem e-tec fixed, letter from BRP

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

I don’t know just how many people have decided not to buy an E-Tec over this post but I am pretty sure alot of us will investigate the dealers we buy from and check out there customer service departments before buying due to this post. And that is what makes this site great cause another mans uncalled for problem becomes an educational moment for others reading and viewing the forums. I thought the one near me was the only ones that put non buyers from them to the rear.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Gianni, you are correct. We are not rude here, we just are honest. If a local guy, brings his car in he bought 2 hours away, is demanding the world, look out. Customer attitude is a big factor. We are a private business, and have the right to refuse service to anyone, dealer agreement or not. I only have 2 customers I refuse service at all and they are also kicked out of every other dealer in town, for good reason. We always treat people courteous and practical. That does not always work either. We get alot of transient customers here, being were right off I94, and we always do our best to get them going, it’s the guy that lives next door, that went elsewhere that Irk’s me.

big g

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

I have a new e-tec on the way!! From a awesome dealer.

I am tired of hearing you whine. If you buy the boat 2 hours away because you got a great dealer, than quit complaining and take it back there to be fixed!

If you are a true tech that works on GM, Then you know that problems can happen with ANYTHING mechanical!! Just wipe your nose and get back to fishing!!

krisko
    Durand, WI

I have to say I’ve been in shoes with poor service before. It isn’t the motor or BRP that is the problem. I can’t believe you can’t see this. That is like saying you got bad meat that had spoiled because of a cooler malfunction at a chain grocery store. You call the grocery store chain headquarters and complain that they have bad meat at their stores. Lets get real here. IT IS THE DEALERS FAULT…and not really theirs either because you didn’t buy it from them. I know where I got my boat one question they ask right off the bat is if you bought it there. I’m not saying they won’t help you, but I’m pretty sure they will help me that bought a $20000 boat from them this last year than a guy who bought a boat from the dealer across the street, literally. Comparing this to a vehicle dealership is like comparing apples to oranges.

I’m almost 31 years old and have had my dealing with dealerships. You need to grow up a little and get over it. Bash the dealer and not the motor.

Only my “young” .02 worth

rmartin
    United States

I just got my notice today.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I think we have beat this subject to death. Enough is enough. I think we all agree that this is a dealership issue. I can understand that the young man is mad, and a lot of us have taken our shot at this issue. But this post needs to go to that place that old posts go to die when everything has been said and done.
    I think he needs to get out and fish with his new motor. I really do not believe he is bashing the motor, but more the situation that arose from it. So lets move on…

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.