Ely Resorts??

• gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

I was thinking of going up to Ely in late August or early September with the wife. Does anyone have an suggestions on a nice place to stay that is still reasonably priced? I would like to get some fishing in as well. Thanks

eyebuster
    Duluth

Conoe country is pretty reasonable it is on moose lake so you have access to many lakes. You may find better cabins somewhere else but for the money is it vary cheap. It also has a campground.

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

If only my boat had less then a 25hp motor. I have a 60 horse.

eyebuster
    Duluth

White Iron resort is pretty good dont know about the prices but there are vary big Noerthern and eyes in the lake and the cabins are vary nice.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

One thing about Ely is that there are soooo many lakes to choose from, that the best (in my opinion) is overlooked. The first lake you come to IN Ely is Shagawa. I go up there at least once a year. The walleye and smallmouth fishing is absolutely incredible. There are also many northerns over 20 lbs. There are 3 resorts on the lake that I know of. Stoney Ridge, Shagawa Inn, and Olsens Bay. Olsens being the more spendy of the 3. Hope this helps.
    P.S. I will probably be up there around the first of September, so if you decide to go there mebbe I could show u around

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

If you are a Vet you could check out veterans-on-the-lake, I stayed there two years ago, a very nice place. It is on Fall lake which had good walleye & smallmouth fishing.

shayla

Sent you a PM, but check out Silver Rapids and Timber Trails, both are on the Farm/Garden/White Iron chain of lakes….lots of room to roam, beutiful scenery and excellent fishing!

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

My buddy has been to and highly recommends Timber Wolf Lodge on Bear Island Lake. He said the locals consider the phenomenal Smallie fishing junk fish and that the walleye are great especially early in the year.

Give us a report once you are back.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Grand Lodge is awsome but probably the most expensive. I’m sure they have a website. Your wife would love it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.