son out fishes dad on fathers day

• tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

After a watching a number of fishing shows with dad and trips fishing for panfish I decided to take my 7 year old son to Mille Lacs Sunday. I asked him Sat. night if he wanted to go Walleye fishing with me or spend the day with Mom, in about 1/2 second the answer was given. I told him we would be getting up early and he should go to bed, off he went. 4:30 am I wake him and asked him if he still wants to go, which he looked at me with this look like are you crazy. We left the house with a friend of mine and arrived around 6:00am. There was nothing but smiles all the way out to the mud. The mornig started out slow for us trying to figure out drifts in the wind and he he got board and I started a movie for him just then the line was pulled from his finger. The 16″ walleye put up a good fight but he prevailed with his first Walleye . I know this is getting long but I wanted share with you all how proud I am of him. He ended up catching 12 Walleyes with 2 being 25″ and the movie never did get played for the 4 hours we fished. He says he’s ready to fish tournament. Thanks for letting me share this story.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Great story TC. I can’t wait until my 4 year old is old enough to spend a bunch of time in the boat. Love2Fish.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Great story and Congrats Dad! I’m sure you have a new fishing partner for life.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Sounds like a great day with many more to come!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Just TRY to keep him out of the boat now!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.