This is going to help…………….NOT!!!!!!!!

• farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Glad our legislators are working on this and not something more important.

I think TBO said “Get that stadium bill put together first, then work on price gouging”

RWL
    Rochester, MN

Just curious…What percent are we paying in taxes on a gallon of gas?

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

Actually, this has the potential to make things alot worse. The bill passed by the US House re: price gouging may lead to a couple of things. #1 Gas stations, reluctant to raise prices due to claims of gouging, may run short of gas. This will cause major lines at the pump, outages in many areas and stranded motorists. Circa ’70’s.

#2 Congess, and lawyers, who see the false sense of good that comes from such a stupid move will take this gouging ideology to other areas of the economy such as drugs, health care, real estate, you name it. Hey, is that Starbucks cup of coffee really worth $5? Is that $5 bucket of movie popcorn, that costs .25 cents to produce, fair to the public? Why…that’s an outrage…let’s investigate!! Let’s meddle. Let’s regulate. Where will it stop?

The real price gougers—Congress! By way of taxes, drilling restrictions, additive regulations, you name it.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Minnesota get’s .20, I think the Feds get .32 but I may be wrong on the feds end of this.

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

Total tax is around .56 cents per gallon I believe. Just SLIGHTLY more that the .10 cents per gallon of profit that those nasty, price gouging, greedy, big oil companies make.

Can’t people see what is going on here? Congress is trying to deflect the criticism of high gas prices away from themselves and towards any direction they possibly can. Typical political move. It is some one else’s fault. They caused the problem. We are here to help you..just give me your vote and I will take care of the problem. This is pathetic.

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

Ya, ya betcha dar Farmboy…Gitter done.. I think those bloodsucking gas gougers should get together with the pro sports owners and build their stadiums with “our” money they gouged from us….and give all the worthless politicians a seat in the upper deck……..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

As of Jan 2006…MN/Fed Gas taxes…

Minnesota State Excise & Sales Tax: 22.0 Federal: 18.4 Total State & Federal: 40.4

For a list of all states…. >click here<

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Sorry TBO, just had to rib ya a little bit

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Thanks for the info Brian. I also think in Minnesota they have a min. price set by the state which is .06 higher than wholesale price. All gas stations in MN have to go by that min. price or they will get fined. They said they did this for the little guy. But what I don’t understand is if I want to sell my gas at wholesale price & make it up on the goodies sold in the store why I can’t. So when I here people tell me about supply & demand I just have to laugh. Just my thoughts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.