Worst Boat/Motor Delearship

• 2Fishy4U

I was reading another post about a guy who tried to buy a rig and the the seller backed out. Years ago I had a bad experience was wondering how many have had bad experiences with Boat/Motor outfits.

I will start with a personal experience that took place several years ago and name/names.

Many years ago I bought a fiberglass boat with a 85HP Johnson for about $1,000. Part of the reason for the price was the Johnson had a 20 inch shaft and the boat was for a 15 inch shaft. Well there was a Evy/Johnson dealer on Big Cedar Lake in West Bend, Wi. who agreed to shorten the shaft at a reasonable price.

Across the street from this guy was Keith’s Marine, A Mercury dealer. My six year old son asked if he could buy a soda so I gave him a dollar to get change from the Merc guy. The Merc guy told this six year old if his dad was going to do business with the Evinrude folks he could go to back across the street and forget the soda.

Now if any folks wonder why I ordered an E-TEC and will never consider Mercury. Probably shortsighted but everyone needs to draw a line in the sand.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Probably shortsighted

Short sighted…on who’s part???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.