Don’t catch them all Grandpa

• timbergrit
    Raymond, Iowa

Myron Lindeman
    1910-2006

My grandfather left us today at the early age of 96. He moved up to Spirit Lake in 1974 and bought a house, lake side, on East Okoboji.
    He was a great fisherman and a wonderful grandfather. We spent many mornings and evenings fishing off the dock and yelling at boats that got to close to us. He aways said they’re just jealous because we are catching all the fish.
    This man caught more fish with 2 12 foot cane poles, than I could with a rod and reel. He would always ask me when I was gonna stop messing around and start fishing. The funny thing about that old man is that he was right. To this day when we go up there thats all I fish with, 2 cane poles.

Well Grandpa save some for me.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s what Grampa’s are for Mike…keeping it simple and keeping it real!

As long as he is in your heart…he’ll never be gone.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Mike,
    Know you had many good times together. Keep those cane poles active often.
    Jack..

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Sounds like you have plenty to remember him by though!

–Whitey

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Thank God for grandpas and cane poles.

Prayers to you and your family Mike.

CR

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Sorry to hear that. I know what you are going though. Interestingly enough cane poles are what my grandpa started me on. Something to be said about that.

All my prayers are with you.

Derek

2Fishy4U

Love the cane pool stuff. When I got back into fishing in the early 1980’s a fellow from Winona named Mark Pelowski used to take me Walleye Fishing on the Wingdams, always with cane pools and crawlers. Mark would row and my daughter Angie and I would fish. We never caught more fish and to this day I have trouble with the fancy stuff.

Mark can no longer fish so I hope he doesn’t mind using my name.

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

My sympathies to you and your family. Its great you two had such a great relationship & glad you got to share each others company for as long as you did.

timbergrit
    Raymond, Iowa

We are all on this earth for what seens like forever, but the time goes by so fast. Take some time out of your busy lifestyle and go fishing or just sit and have a with the ones you love. Because, time will just fly by before you know it.

Thank everyone

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Sorry to here of your loss. My grandpa used to have a cabin on West Okoboji but unfortunately passed away when I was seven. My love for being on the water was passed on down to me from him and my Dad. And today I do the best I can to pass it on down to my grandkids. Grandkids are great. In fact with my oldest son Derek just getting married and adding her 3 children to my list of grandkids I now have 9 grandkids. I’m wayyyyyyy tooooooo young for that many grandkids but I’m loving it.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.