Bass Pro Shops At MOA?

• tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

Channel 9 News reported this morning that Bass Pro may be building a store where the Met used to be. This is part of a massive exspantion and would be connected to tha mall. The said the men that do shop there are “not carring any shopping bags” and that Bass Pro will solve that problem.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Even with Bass Pro, You couldn’t force me to go there. I would rather poke my eyes out with a hot poker.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

If it happens, it is going to damper a lot of business from Cabela’s, Gander Mountain, small tackle shops, and even Walmart!!!

emover
    Malcom, IA

as if the joint ain’t big enough already
    At least on those rare occasions I get dragged there, I try to remember a few grills, friends, and the joys of tailgating
    it makes the pain eaiser to endure

dave

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Yup, they built that d***ed thing on top of my ball park. I refuse to watch baseball inside of a big plastic tent. At least we have the St. Paul Saints.

They can build all the Bass Pro Shops they want out there, I aint a-goin’

Rootski

muskygator
    Foley MN

I really don’t think that Bass Pro will hurt all the other stores. They really aren’t any better. The prices are comparable. I think that it will give us a better deal at those other stores like Cabelas, Gander and even Wal-Mart. If they think that it will get more men to carry bags at the mall they better be some outstanding deals to get them to go to that zoo in the first place.

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

Dragging me to the MOA takes some serious work. It’s a absolute reluctant choice. The only thing that keeps me going there 4-6 times a year average is my 2 kids. We go there for rides, some ice cream & we’re outta there. The fact there is a Bass Pro Shops opening makes me excited for the sport of fishing, good job opportunities & some decent seminars. In contrast, the 494 Bloomington strip isn’t fun. In all honesty, I’d probably still order online & pay the shipping rather then make the commute.

and hey.. great post.. didn’t mean to dampen it.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I think its an alright idea. I hope they do it. I probably wouldn’t make special trips to there but would make a point to stop if driving by.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

I’m surprised that they’d put a sporting goods store in there. I didn’t know Gang bangers and thugs were that big of a fishing and hunting draw.
    Well I suppose if they sell guns they may get some business…………….the wrong kind of business!
    I wish them luck.
    Never been there and probably never will go. From what my wife said it’s nothing out of the ordinary unless you like inconsiderate gangs of kids running around and over priced stuff.

I’m not much for window shopping.

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

I agree, Bass Pro is not any big shakes.

I stop by the one in Cincinnati all the time and the prices are no better than Cabela’s, unless you want to look at a tracker boat…NOT!

waterfowler99
    Midwest

it definitly needs something like this, i could shop while she does

jldii

With the high cost of rent at the MOA, I doubt that they’ll be able to compete with the other stores when it comes to discounting prices. It will probably be a draw for people traveling here from out of state that want to say they have been to the BPS at MOA though. There are a lot of people how make the trip to Minnesota just to go shopping at the MOA.

I managed at the Napa Valley Grille/California Cafe in the mall back in ’94-’95 and have only been back to the mall 1 time since I left. YUCK!!

lonewolf
    La Crosse, WI

I just got dragged to the mall two weeks ago. Spent 4 hours at Hooters drinking beer and watching football while our wives shopped. I have always liked bass pro shops fishing department better, but Cabelas has a better hunting department. I think it will do good. A lot of people travel a long ways to go to Cabelas or BassPro Shops. It probably will help the MOA more then it does Basspro Shops.

big_g
    Isle, MN

lonewolf, are you saying you have to be dragged to spend 4 hours at “hOOters” ? by the way, what football game was on …….?

big g

jbb
    Minneapolis area

Hooters is an excellent alternative to following the ladies through the stores. Actually sitting on a bench in the mall and watching the attractive female traffic walking by is not terribly tough duty.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m with waterfowler on this…

Don’t much like going…but have too. Hooters is ok…but how much of the bOOb tube can a guy drink?

I could spend most of a day in Sportsman’s Wharhouse….or even a Bass Pro shop if I had too.

I’m thinking that it’s not going to be the first stop for the average guy to pick up a bucket of stink bait….

Hooks? You are a lucky guy!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Bass Pro has an AWESOME catfish section! I am very serious about that! I have been to the one in Springfield IL, and Gurnee IL and Dallas TX and….Well you get the idea.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Bass Pro has an AWESOME catfish section!

I will still go anyways. I have been to the ones in Springfield also Texas, Florida and Illinois. Been waiting for one to come up north.

Ron

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m going to have to dis own you….

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

I’ve been in 5 BPS and I have to say they beat Cabela’s hands down for asthetics (sp). I’ve been to the one in Springfield Missouri 6 times and it’s a great place to shop. They will beat prices on tackle on most items. Not much margin on hunting or electronics so don’t look for any deals there. But it’s the great “experience” you will walk away with. Good place to get a part time job??? Plus there is so much airport traffic..if a guy has a layover and knew there was a BPS within a 5 minute drive?..he’d be there in a heart beat. Couple this with the new “largest indoor waterpark in America” across the street? And you have the whole family experience…providing you have the money. Yes..it will do well.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.