Prescription Polarized Sunglasses?

• djlengyel
    Lake Elmo, MN

Do any of my fellow nearsighted fisherman know where I can get a a good quality pair of prescription polarized sunglasses? I need a pair that does a good job of blocking out the light from the sides.

Thanks.

Dave

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I would ask your optometrist or wherever you buy your prescription glasses. I checked into them with my eye doctor, but a little to spendy for me. They should definitely be able to get them for you

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have two pair…one gray and one brown…from Lens Crafters.

Frequently they send out coupons for by one get one free…which is what I did.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Solar Bats and Costa Del Mar are the glasses that I use all the time. Both companies offer prescription options. Most quality polarized companies will also offer it. It is expensive but can be worth it.

Ron

jldii

I have polorized glasses that are also bi-focal. The key is to stay with flatter lenses than wrap arounds. Wrap arounds distort the Rx too much. Finding single Rx lenses isn’t that hard to do, but be very carefull if you are looking for bi/tri focal lenses.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Good point JDL! Also the small lenses they have “in style” now stink for bi-focals…personal experiance!

bradg

I have prescription polorized glasses as well, and I love them. If you have vision insurance, some companies will pay some for a pair as long as they are prescription, but if you check with your opt. they should be able to set you up. One thing I would recommend is getting a scratch resistant coating on them, mine have this, and with this coating comes a one year free lense replacement if they get scratched. One other suggestion if used for fishing, is the back side anti glare coating. just my 2 cents.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I would suggest the “Daddy-o” frames from Ray-Ban. They have wide bows to block light from the side. I realy like mine. Check Lenscrafters. They ain’t cheap. I’ve found the more money you spend on ‘scrip sunglasses the more careful you are with them.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Check out theseOcean Waves. I love them for fishing as they block almost all light and are available in prescriptions.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Gez Mike, those look like the ones in tanning booths!

Not that I tan….

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

I love mine from Pearl Vision, magnetic clip-on. I also have a set of nonprescription polarized that fit over my regular glasses. These work out great, they even cover the side vision. I bought them from Cableas

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Awhile back, I believe it was lensecrafters, would match any price you could find on glasses, and sunglasses, we bought a couple pairs of ray-bans for cheap, They matched the best price we could find online, but that was around 5 years ago, I’m not sure if they offer the same deals still, either ways doesn’t hurt to ask.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Brian,

I get headaches real bad from most glasses. Those straps are a life saver. And the will never fly off running across the lake!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.