Ranger 620 Tiller

• tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

I have been pondering the thought of going back to a tiller, 620 to be exact. Ranger increased the HP rating to 150 and that was the biggest complaint that I have heard about them. I am going over the specs and my concern is the storage or the lack there of. I’m looking for some input or experances with Ranger’s 620 tiller. I now presently own a 619 and like it but I’ve always been a tiller man.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I can’t answer your question on storage with the Rangers personally except I don’t really see any difference in storage between the console vs tiller. I too love a tiller [thats where my heart is] but can’t handle a tiller anymore so you will see me running my kicker motor as much as possible. Best of both worlds I guess. Tillers are coming back in popularity and the higher gas prices will also help those become more popular as a guy can run the same big boat and get by with a smaller motor which will use less gas as you can’t run as fast and face it a guy is going to run it as fast as it will go alot. lol. A friend of mine went back to a tiller [Ranger console to tiller, both were 619s] and really likes it. Hes a tiller man too at heart. I guess it all depends on where you fish, what distances you will travel from fishing spot to fishing spot, and if what you really want to fish from is more important than the high speed. But then again, a 150 hp motor in the hand is ALOT of hp to hold and does give your a higher speed than alot of tillers. Good luck on your decission. Let us know which way you go and why.
    Thanks, Bill

DRAKE
    ROCHESTER, MN

I have fished out of both & you shouldn’t have any problems with storage. Go with the tiller, you will love it.

etecangler1

300hp with a tiller is possible with Engine Steer.

They are expensive, but I think they are worth it to most guys.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I currently have a 620T with a 125 Merc on it. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the boat. I wouldn’t mind the extra HP though. The rod storage I have found seams to be large enough. There is only one compartment for the dry storage, but it is big enough to get everything I need into it most of the time. If I have extra stuff that I want to put away, I just put it in the cooler, which is very large.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.