Northern MN Resort Recommendations

• djlengyel
    Lake Elmo, MN

I’d like to start an early summer (mid to late June) tradition of heading up north for a week of fishing for Walleye and Smallmouth Bass. Does anybody have any recommendations for a nice, preferably small, family run resort on a decent walleye, smallmouth lake? Of course I have considered Lake of the Woods and Rainy Lake, but are there other lakes (maybe a little smaller) that anybody would care to recommend?

Thanks for the opinions.

gregmerz
    Minnetonka & Remer, MN

I’d look at Lake Vermillion (Spring Bay Resort) or the Kabetogama, Namakan Chain (Lots of good resorts).

shayla

You have PM

Bob Bowman
    MN

There are some great lakes in the Orr area that have great walleye and smallmouth fishing. I can’t help with the Resort thing, we stay at the cabin when we go up.

northern illinois

Northernaire houseboat trip on Rainy lake. Ill be heading there for the 5th time this upcoming spring.

big_g
    Isle, MN

djl, have you considered mille lacs ? everybody knows its a walleye factory, but it has phenomenal smallie action too !! iv’e pulled 3-4 pounders out of her before. try Hunters Point Resort, it is a family owned resort. George and Linda Nitti, will make you feel at home there. they have newer cabins, right on the lake and a stones throw from excellent eats and treats.

glen

jbb
    Minneapolis area

Take a look a Vermilion Life O Riley Resort Walleye Smallmouth Bluegills & Crappies on the menu

walleye3B
    Southern Minnesota

I have to second the vote for Northeraire resort / house boating on crane lake . I have taken my family a couple of times. Once with Ebels out of the Ash river and once with Northeraire on Crane. It was a hoot and you can fish crane, sandpoint, namakin, and kabotegama (my spelling sucks)or if you feel flighty you can use the fairy at kettles falls to put your fishing rig into rainy. One suggestion is not try this with only your family if your family consists of 3 pre teen girls and your wife. If you put one of the house boats up on a rock Not that I did or anything but its tough pulling them off alone.The boats come big enough to accomidate 2 families if you get along O.K.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.