Red and LOTW fishing and Rope Lights

• tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

Well I’m back from Red and LOTW. Friday I arrived at Red around 2 P.M. drove out 4 miles via snowmobile (some were driving trucks). While driving on about 6″ snow on top of of the ice I noticed the lack of houses on the lake, most were shallow in search of the large pike. The Jiffy fired up and cut through the 13″ of ice in 14 feet of water and the new ice season began for me. The fl-8 detected no fish and I lowered the camera and boy is the water dirty, only about 18″ visability. The first fish came through about 5 P.M. and it was an 8″ walleye, 8 P.M. a few fish came through and looked at the minnows but no takers. I set up the cot and put the rattle reals in place crawled in the sleeping bag . The rattle reel went off right at midnight, a nice 18″ walleye. Early in the morning I packed up and went off to Lake of The Woods. I went out on Wheelers Point, past pine Island to 24 Feet with sand. The resort house made up most of the houses on the lake and they were running wild with the Bomberdeers(sp?). The ice is about 12″. The walleyes wouldn’t respond to a jigging spoon only deadsicking with a fathead and Jigawhopper. I stayed out all day Saturday and caught 11 walleyes an saugers most around 13″ with 1 at 22″. The water was also stained, they say they had real bad winds before freeze up. With reports of 30 below wind chill on Sunday I headed home. I reported earlier about LED Rope Lighting and this was the first test. These things are great , 2 6′ in my Magnum Otter worked great and lasted all night on red and about 4 hours on Woods.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.