Posting a picture?

• djlengyel
    Lake Elmo, MN

In order to post a picture does it have to be on a website somewhere? I assume I cannot “attach” a picture that is currently on my hard drive (like when I e-mail someone a picture).

Thanks for the help.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Actually we prefer you use the photo upload system that allows you to upload a photo to our server… just like you would add a photo as an attachment to an e-mail.

After you finish making a post check the box that says “I want to preview my post and/or attach a file.”

The rest is pretty straight forward after that.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey James,

I have a few fishing pics that I have wanted to post but don’t have photo software anymore, so how do I get them posted.

shane

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Shane you do not need any software to post a picture, like James said preveiw your post and then attach the file/Picture from your computor, select browse to find your Picture in the my Picture folder or where ever your Picture is on your computor and then attach that file/picture.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

it always tells me that the file is too big

shane

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Shane…follow the instructions above…or catch smaller fish……

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Here is a step by step for attaching a pic to your post….

First of all you need to make sure that the picture you want to put into your post is the correct size. Your picture can’t be more than 100000 bytes. You can check this by right clicking on your picture: a box should show up. Left click on properties, and then read where it says picture size. If your picture is over that size then you need to resize your picture. Once your picture is the correct size, go to the forum that fits your story/picture. Left click on “post”, type in a subject and pick an icon in the icon block. Then type in your story in the post box. Once your story is complete go down to “continue” leaving the box checked that says I want to preview my post and/or attach a file. Click continue.

Now you’ll come to your post. Left click on the box called “Browse” You may attach a file if you like (no bigger than 100000 bytes please). This will take you to your computer, find where you saved your picture and double click on it. Then you should see the address of your picture in the box behind the word “Browse”. Now click continue and you should be in business.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.