Flashcards for LMS332C!

• Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

I just bought a lms332c and the Lowrance rep. (Captain Ron) sais to not even use the flash card that comes with it. He said that it will screw up your computer(PC). Has anyone heard about this or had any problem using it. He said just to go buy a cheap card and reader at office depot or somewhere!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I think you’re talking about mmc cards? I don’t know what a flash card is. The MMC cards cost much more just to have the Lowrance name on them. A standard digital camera card and reader is what you need and is sufficient.

fishingscout
    Saint Paul

MMC cards are flash cards, it refers to the type of non-volatile ram used in the card.

I am not sure who Captian Ron is but I doubt an MMC card can screw up your computer. But that really depends on what “screw up your computer” means. Improperly installing the software driver for a flashcard reader could screw up your computer.

If you have a concern then contact Lowrance and provide them with which OS you are using. Or, you could talk with Wade from Jolly Anne Marine and Outdoors.

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

I think something is getting lost in the translation. Perhaps what he meant was that the mapping card (like Navionics) should not be used in a PC card reader. My Navionics premium chip came with a blaze orange piece of paper indicating that playing the map flash card in any device except my Lowrance unit would destroy the card.

Im not sure whether to believe that or not, but I dont have a card reader anyway, so the point is mute for me.

Dave

Fireball

Fish On
    I don’t think he meant will screw up your computer. not possible. anyways maybe if you tried to read a navionics chip with the computer it will make the chip unreadable in a lowrance unit. The 332C does not come with any MMC Cards so I am assuming you are referring to the navionics chip.
    Guess the best thing to do is email him @ [email protected] or send me a PM

Fireball

Fish ON
    I didn’t read the rest of the post,when he stated to go buy a cheap card and reader form office depot he has referring to perhaps a 16 or 128 MB MMC Card and a sandisk card reader to transfer your routes waypoints onto and not put them onto the navionics chip.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

The 332C does not come with any data cards of any kind. For saving data to an MMC/SD card you can use Sandisk and save some money. Be sure to get SD cards, NOT compact flash cards that are also on the market.

If we’re talking about Navionics cards here, my suggestion is not to use them in a card reader. Guys have lost their Navionics data doing this and that’s not covered under any warranty.

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Thanks Guy! I knew I would get the right info!! THanks!
    I got it all hooked up and now just waiting to get er on the water! I may have some more Questions!! Again Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.