Measuring Draw

• TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

This probably isn’t the right spot for this, but I am trying to get of of the political subject. Does anyone know how to measure a persons draw. My wife is wants to bow hunt with me this year, so I suppose I am going to have to get her a bow. I will get her arrows next year. How do I go about measuring her draw?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve found the easiest way is to head to a sporting goods store with an archery department. They have a bow setup just for this. Plus they are much more knowledgable than myself….

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

To get a rough measurement, you can make a loose fist put it against the wall like your holding a bow and with arm extended measure from the wall to the corner of the mouth. Thats pretty cool, good hunting this fall.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Yup, I agree with waterfowler on this one if you have an archery shop in your area like Archery Headquarters in Rochester, MN. or Magnum Sports in Chatfield, MN. Would be your best bet. Sometimes the people in the large dept stores are not always the most knowledgeable when it comes to Archery. Get’er done right at a pro shop.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Fishing Buddy,

I agree with Steve, sometimes the larger Sporting goods stores do not always employ knowledgable people for the postition (or they have the fishing guy working the archery dept). Go to a archery shop if possible to at least get the draw length. Tell them your interested in a bow and they will fit her up and give advice what bow, etc.

I just got my girlfriend one this last week or so. She is pumped to start practicing next week. It’s a great to get females or the kids involved in the sport, even if it’s just shooting. That way she can’t yell at you for practicing, cause you 2 are spending qaulity time together . Not sure if mine will hunt or not??? At least I have a camera woman with now sometimes. Sure would have been nice last year. Good Luck to both of you this year! Nothing beats a late October day in the stand!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.