Madison WI this Saturday or next Thursday PM

• carptracker
    Missouri

I’ll be arriving early afternoon in Madison WI, to attend the American Fisheries Society meeting. My meeting doesn’t start until 7:30 AM Sunday. I get done at 3PM Thursday and don’t leave until Friday morning. I’d love to get some Wisconsin fishing in while I am up there. Can trade a trophy catfishing trip in the Missouri River, or just buy beer or soda and gas and bring some fishing stories. Or I could take you out and have 50 pounds of fish jump in the boat in a couple hours, any time the weather is warm and the river not too high. (these being the silver carp – my son loves to grab them out of the air with a landing net.) I have not posted here in a while so by way of introduction I am the Asian carp expert that hung here for a while. I’ll be giving a presentation on bigheads and silvers at the AFS meeting, as well other things while I am there.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Carptracker,
    I’ve got some extra room in my boat, plenty of extra rods and other gear as well.
    I run and 18′ lund and am planning on fishing Lake Wisconsin. Thats about 25-30 miles north of Madison.
    We’ll be chasing walleyes mostly but lately, some nice crappies have been showing up at the end of the line also.
    Let me know if that interest you.
    JWB

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Hope that didn’t sound like I was trying to rope you in there Carptracker. Chipping in for the gas is good enough for me.
    I’m going out either way and its always nice to have someone else along.
    JWB

Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

Duane, their is some good fishing options in the area. I’ll be attending the AFS as well – these are my old stomping grounds as I grew up about 30 minutes south of the Monona Terrace. Unfortunately I’m not sure if I’ll be bringing my boat down, so I may be shore fishing as well (I can give you some suggestions, or tag along with me if your schedule allows). If all else fails you can fish right off the terrace wall in Lake Monona – it’s a popular panfishing spot from shore… but definately jump in a boat if you can. One of my favorite Madison fishing experiences is fishing Lake Mendota at sunset – catching big smallies in view of the State Capitol.

I’ll be in attendence during your presentation – good luck. I’ll stop by.

carptracker
    Missouri

It sounds like a plan, JWB. I’ll private message you.
    BigE – I’ll see you at the AFS meeting. Maybe we can get in some fishing some evening. Will you be around Thursday evening? I could not get a flight out after the Asian carp action plan meeting on Thursday, so will be around till Friday morning.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.