Looking for a Cable spinnerbait anyone seen them?

• eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

Last summer I got a box of baits in the mail from Tacklegrab and of the various baits one really stood out.

I was a cable set up spinner bait vs. the traditional bent wire style that is commonly used.

I used it quite a bit with tons of success and no matter how much the pike shook or wiggled the cables never bent. Where as my other spinners after 4 or 5 good fish the bait would no longer run true and usually ended up at the bottom of my box not to be used again.

I am reaching out to you today becasue I threw away the packaging, I don’t know the brand and I have unsuccessfully searched the internet with no luck.

Below is a picture of a bait online I found that I also cannot find for sale but is just like the one I have.

Does anyone know where I could buy more like this?

robby
    Quad Cities

If you find a source pls let me know.

munchy
    NULL

Google ko-man-chi

eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

I looked at them that is where the picture came from. However they no longer seem to be selling them. Their site takes you to ebay to buy them but they no longer have an active store.

munchy
    NULL

Did you try calling them from the number on their contact page?

Telephone: (514) 949-7491

1 877 DR SPIN B

1 877 377 7462

eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

This was my mission tonight. I am going to call tomorrow. I just sent the guy a Facebook message. I will keep you all posted if I get a reply.

Has anyone seen these built by anyone else. They work and hold up amazing I can’t believe he is the only guy making them.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It looks like a pretty cool concept. If you figure out how to purchase more, let us know.

Here’s a tip for those who don’t know. When searching for something where all you have is an image, go to Google and click on image search. Then drag and drop the image on the page.

Google Image Search

munchy
    NULL

If you’re just looking for spinner baits that don’t bend when you catch a fish try the Terminator T1 line. Titanium wire and they are about half the price of the Ko Man Chi’s.

Never had one bend out of shape.

rmartin
    United States

Not that it helps you now, but a company made these a number of years ago. Cannot remember the brand, but the cable did not hold up well and they snag a lot easier than a wire arm one does. Perhaps the cable on this model is of better quality/design.

hi here i am
    Robert osler aka doctor spinnerbait
    http://www.ko-man-chi-doctor-spinnerbait.com
    my info go to my contact
    for all models
    Platinum
    Sliver
    Quann
    Free Falling Head
    Composite
    Swimbaits yndrome
    Straight Shooter
    Buzz Bait
    there is also a new one Stump Buster

you tube chanel
    It starts with video 1
    Video 2 to 10 will follow these have all the technical features of each spinnerbait
    thanks for watching

here is the link

Cheers
    Robert

Attachments:
    1. 2251.jpg

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

the original cable spinnerbait was called Limberneck.. I don’t know if they are still in business. but its something that has been tried before.. if it works for you.. get more ..

rmartin
    United States

the original cable spinnerbait was called Limberneck.. I don’t know if they are still in business. but its something that has been tried before.. if it works for you.. get more ..

Ha, good memory. I was just going to agree with what the other person said about them when I discovered it was me!

i heard that Luhr Jensen purchased limberneck back in the days
    they did a production this is what i heard and i guess it did not work out for them
    so thats why we don’t see them around
    doctor spinnerbait has 9 models to choose from
    its like a buffet
    there must be one in there for most anglers to enjoy!
    i also tried the limberneck spinnebait and it was a nice spinnerbait
    you can find some on eBay for 8.00 to 10.00 if the package is mint condition they are like 12.00 to 15.00
    Cheers

Attachments:
    1. zzz.jpg

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

they were made back in the 80’s and 90’s.. ( old man from the fishing industry memory).. and I competed against them in the spinnerbait industry.. I also believe that Bulldog out of OHIO had some sort of drop head using wire and a football head way before football heads became the IN THING…

yeah i purchased mine in 1985 or 86 and a few more 87 or 89
    you competed against them you also had a spinnerbait company so cool
    bulldog never heard of them i was making jigs with do it molds and hilt from 83 till 95 me and a friend we had like 60 to 80 molds we used to use a malin and modify them that biffle jig we see today we used to make them back then with a hinge and a split ring so we could change the hooks we had all them do it molds and we modified 1/2 of them we wanted our own set ups i think i started when i was 13 or 14 years old we even went to see a few distributors and stores we started Young i was 14 and my friend 16 our company was called invisible lures
    i went by the name of fastcast because i won the berkley casting contest like 1000$ in rods and reels and my friend his nick name was charly jig
    if you still tie some baits with the trilene knot make sure from 12 to 14 lbs to only twist 4 times
    and from 17lbs + only twist 3 times that way the knot will last longer
    the original knot is 5 turns or twist
    i spent hours on the trilene knot machine during the trade shows trying to figure it out
    if you come accross a trilene knot machine try it youll see it works

robert morales

Hello, i have just aquired DR. Spinnerbait from mr Robert Osler, and have bought all of his remaining inventory, i can make what you want, i will be redesigning the the composite model . i have the original ones in limited quantity until i can gear up to mass produce them and add them to my product line of other lures, i will be producing them in Phx. AZ. as to be able to compete with the other brands, The duties in Canada made it veruy difficult for Mr Osler to be competitive. thank you.

my email is [email protected].

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.