Punctuation is Important!

• Sharon
    SE Metro

So while my husband was packing for up north last weekend I left him a list to pack, which included the example in the picture. I’m needing some opinions here. I guess my note wasn’t very clear and I’m wondering what you all would have packed if you saw this note. Thanks in advance!

fishdale

I would have ignored it as it does not have the needed info. We men are not mind readers. Notes for men should read something like.

Kraft 8oz shredded cheddar cheese (isle 8) Pictures help also.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

To me, it says someone doesn’t have their cheese!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Big ol grab bag of these guys, and I would have gotten the spray cheese BC its shows I took the extra step

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

you would have got something like this. too be fair I am not a snack food chip isle guy.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I’m not sure what size baggie I would use, but what ever size I choose, I’d fill it with your favorite cheese and throw it in the cooler.

Just to be on the safe side I’d pick an appropriate wine to compliment your favorite cheese and add a bottle or two, to the list as well.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I’d buy whatever I wanted and then when you complained I’d pull out that note and say “see, it says right there….” knowing full well that it is illegible gibberish that could mean anything. For all he knew, you wanted a new car made out of cheese.

BTW, what font is that?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ll tell ya the exact same thing I told.my wife earlier. …what list???

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

You would have gotten a bag of cheese, and it would have been empty before we left because I like cheese, and you said it was for me.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I understood what you meant, but in all fairness, you spelled CHEEZ-ITs wrong!

It’s a good thing that you didn’t ask for a bag of Goldfish. I’d hate to have seen the outcome!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Oh you guys are too funny! I especially love Huntindave’s answer! Well, my husband packed a baggie of cheese. I laughed so hard. I asked, why did you pack me a baggie of cheese and he said because it was on my list. I guess I needed the hyphen in Cheese-Its, or at least a comma before “for me”. Oh well. We got a good laugh out of it and I find it fascinating – the many ways of interpretation!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Quote:

illegible gibberish that could mean anything. For all he knew, you wanted a new car made out of cheese.

BTW, what font is that?

What do you mean illegible gibberish? That is completely readable packing-list handwriting! Now you know why I type the list for our camping trip.

Reminds me of when I asked Becky “canIborrowacardigan?” and you, Billy, and Mike looked at me like I just spoke Chinese!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I’d buy whatever I wanted and then when you complained I’d pull out that note and say “see, it says right there….” knowing full well that it is illegible gibberish that could mean anything.

It’s probably due to her sketchy upbringing.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

To be honest think you missed the boat here, has not much to do with punctuation but rather the spelling. Even in your reply you still spell “cheese its”. I think if you would have wrote “CHEEZ its” you could have added any kind of punctuation around it, in the middle, before after he would have got it. All in the cheez!

Sharon
    SE Metro

By God, I’ve been eating these things for decades, and I never really realized how it was spelled! Well, now I know for the next packing list! Hahaha

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Quote:

By God, I’ve been eating these things for decades, and I never really realized how it was spelled! Well, now I know for the next packing list! Hahaha

But Sharon, what is a “Bagge” ????????

HRG

lhprop1
    Eagan

Lack of capitalization and punctuation gives the phrase, “I helped my uncle, Jack, off his horse.” a very different meaning.

desperado

it’s ferme ?

I’d be at the dairy cooler looking amongst the gouda, cheddar, and mozzarella; trying to find the ferme.

When I come across a label indicating a “fermented” cheese, I’d figure I had found what you meant. And … Hoowee; the fermented cheeses tend to be the stinky cheeses.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

I would have got you a bag of shredded cheese. Probably the 2 cup bag of cheddar.

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

I would have got what ever was in the fridge , I never figured out the (cheese its)
    Stan

chomps
    Sioux City IA

pretty obvious to me, but getting that list which said bagie and cheese it would mean a side trip to Colorado!

PowerFred

Quote:

So while my husband was packing for up north last weekend I left him a list to pack, which included the example in the picture. I’m needing some opinions here. I guess my note wasn’t very clear and I’m wondering what you all would have packed if you saw this note. Thanks in advance!

punctuation wasn’t your downfall, it was poor penmanship! Proper punctuation is the difference between “Lets eat, Grandma” and “Lets eat Grandma”

Anytime I want my wife to pick anything up at the store, I’ll whip up a list in Word and print it or I text it to her phone. I have terrible penmanship, too!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.